Stories introducing Firearms to foreigners in US

Stories introducing Firearms to foreigners in US

This is a discussion on Stories introducing Firearms to foreigners in US within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have heard many people share these stories in varied posts, but I would love to hear everyones expieriences with introductions to people from other ...

Thread: Stories introducing Firearms to foreigners in US

Question Stories introducing Firearms to foreigners in US

I have heard many people share these stories in varied posts, but I would love to hear everyones expieriences with introductions to people from other countries when it comes to firearms here in the US. This can include taking them shooting, or basic familiarization reactions. Topics personally I would find of interesting there reactions,what part of the country they were in, there own countries, and maybe if they showed a new appreciation of our freedoms. alright so tell away guys & gals thnks

Assistant Administrator
    Easiest for me is to point you to a past thread where our member here Ibex was over from Germany - in fact he is coming to live here in several month's time.

This shoot was close to where I live in Bedford County PA.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

We've had them show up at Cowboy Action matches a couple of times. You could tell they were getting a huge kick out of the experience. I made sure to thank the local folks--friends/relatives of the visitors--who'd brought them out.

We hosted an exchange student from southern Germany a few years back. He was very excited to know that he was coming to Montana, and told me soon after we got to know each other that he was hoping we were hunters and shooters. MT considers exchange students as "residents", so they can take Hunters Ed. and join in if they so desire. He couldn't get enough! We went shooting and hunting at every opportunity. He even participated in the annual "Quigley" long range buffalo rifle match. Apparently, a lot of folks in southern Germany are conservative, and find their country's restrictive gun laws repulsive. You can own guns and hunt in Germany, IF you have lots of money. Since his return, he has completed his countrys' version of Hunter Ed, took nine months of classes, truly ment to discourage completion, at a final cost of approximatley $1500.
    Regards, Rick

Links