People Pointing Guns - Page 4

People Pointing Guns

This is a discussion on People Pointing Guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That's it - everybody's getting spanked!...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: People Pointing Guns

VIP Member
    That's it - everybody's getting spanked!
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

me first, me first!!!

Dan

I was not trying to cause problems I was just curious as why people who handle guns safely and promote safety would want that type of avatar. Sort of like the old CB handles. I don't use either of them on any of the boards I am on. I don't see any reason for them but I know people like them. Please take no offense to my comment on handles I was just giving an example. I also think we have discussed the avatars enough.

As far as the smilies, I don't normally use them to accent what I am saying so that can probably add to the confusion.

Anyways, a little about me that might clear up some things.

Yes I was in the Navy for 20 years. Difficult to have guns in Navy housing and then became a foster parent (adopted 3 of the over 130 children that we had in our home in addition to the two biological children we had) and they did not allow guns in the house either.

Since I moved back to Michigan I thought more and more about concealed carry and now that I don't have the prohibitions I purchased a Kimber Custome II with night sites last January and finally got my CPL in March. Yes, Michigan is a "Shall Issue" state but they sure don't make it easy to get it (won't bore you with the details).

I also purshase the 22LR conversion kit at the same time so I can maintain proficiency a little cheaper. The newest addition is a Beretta Bobcat in 22LR. I know it may be small as a backup but at 20 feet I am going to put all 8 rounds in what I aim at. Plus I don't have to maintain a lot of different ammo.

I don't post a lot as most of it has already been said by others, and probably even better then I could. Also. i am still learning about this whole lifestyle. I am an avid reader and love to read all I can on my hobbies, be it, computers, bicycles, atv or the guns that I own.

No. I am not a troll and hope you don't think I am one. If I ask a question it is not to start a fire, it is to learn. And I have learned a lot from this board as well as the others. Thank you all for your information and insite that you provide.

Hope this helps in understanding.

Eric

Assistant Administrator
    Eric - I too thank you for your service and that of the boys too. Can understand better where you are coming from too.

Far as I am concerned - I'm cool with that - I think we are all cool - and so are you.

Can't get better than that!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    If I ask a question it is not to start a fire
    Here's as good a spot as any to voice a gripe.

This is where I don't fully understand the true notion of a troll as it is defined by younger computer afficienados.

Almost two months to the day after fire was invented, I used to take part in college dorm debates. And it was fully acceptable to poke holes into your opponents postulates to put him on the ropes. In fact, it was the sign of a shrewd debater, a master debater *snort*, if he could entrap his nemesis with his own words.

Further, I come from a long line of horse thieves, scissors sharpeners, liars, card sharps, paracord salesmen and patent medicine distributors. My own Father described me to a neighbor as a lad "who didn't look like a virgin when he was one." I'm good at bending the truth into a warped boomerang. And if I ever got my own TV show it would called "Pimp My Falsehood."

I don't smell con men, I simply listen to them repeat shell games I invented. As such, I have little time for yeoman briggands, teenage chest-thumpers and karate experts whose last saloon fight involved kicking the pinball machine. Internet chat forums to me are like untouched hunting ground and the clean after-taste of Asti Spumante.

I watched an ex-con biker named Gene tell me a story using a deck of cards which he continually shuffled. Each time the story mentioned a number, he dealt that card from the top of the deck--all while striking a match with one hand to torch a home-rolled cigarette.

While I seemed in awe, he smirked and said, "Chico, how many people in prison do you think are truly dangerous? I figure less than half--the rest are scandalous, lying Dagos like us. You gonna finish that tequila?"

And now I hang out in smoke free forums. And if you claim to be the reincarnation of Bruce Lee, according to Gene's math, there's a +60% chance you're a liar.

It's about this time I get banned for being a troll.

DC Founder
    Now, ecbaatz, if you can figure out what Tourist's post meant you are really one of us, lol.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

What's to figure?

Everyone gets so sweaty about trolls and being called a troll. Personally, I think the entire issue is the 'Salem Witch' defense. That is, the people screaming the loudest about trolls are trying to get the suspicion off themselves.

I disagree with most people. Of course I do. If you're honest, you do, too. We're individuals with individual experience. Most of us learn by painful mistakes and if light was shined on our past we'd hide in shock and embarrassment.

Now comes the wisdom of the forums. Everyone is a ninja. Everyone is an operator, an expert, a guru and a learned combat instructor.

Careful, gurus. I have pictures of your dad trying to teach you how to ride a "big boy's" two-wheeler.

Quote Originally Posted by ecbaatz
    I did not say what should or shouldn't be in someone's avatar. I just asked why? Post what you want, after all Freedom of Speach is our first amendment. I spent 20 years in the navy defending that right and the rest of the constitution, and my two oldest sons are both currently defending your right to say whatever you want.

I just asked a question, made a response to the excellent comments and never told or asked anyone to remove their avatars. So why the attack? Maybe I am being too defensive. Again my apologies.

And my apologies on my spelling in my previous post. Now that does upset me.
    Thank you for your service and sacrifice, and thank you for your sons.

I did not give you the benefit of the doubt, and whether or not I thought it was a troll, I should not have replied. I was wrong and I'm sorry.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

VIP Member
    Group hug time!
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    ...It's about this time I get banned for being a troll.
    Ah, but it would be foolish to ignore the wisdom of the court jester. The Trickster and raven have their place, too. Or should we also ignore experience when it speaks to us, even in the guise of a biker in a smoke-free forum, warning us against the wiles of would-be gurus? There, too, is wisdom on the internet.

The Troll is not interested in debate, but only in the passtime of disrupting a community, on-line or otherwise, for its amusement. That is the difference between the Troll and the Trickster.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Bumper,

I understood part of it so I guess I am not one of you yet. Will keep working on it (grin).

Eric

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ecbaatz
    Bumper,

I understood part of it so I guess I am not one of you yet. Will keep working on it (grin).

Eric
    Well, you're ahead of me so I guess you must be one of us, actually. LOL!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

That is the difference between the Troll and the Trickster.
    I think there is a lot of wisdom on the 'net, except that it comes from people with common sense. But I think some of us confuse flair with performance, much like fins on cars conveyed power when they didn't do anything at all. I'm constantly looking for the man behind the curtain.

So, when the great gurus tell me that they have studied the dynamic eastern disciplines, I counter that I have ridden many of their bikes.

Oh, here's a suggestion. When the guru emerges, look for medals and sashes and implications of rank and privilege. He will seek to amaze you with ethereal credentials. Remember that Michael Jackson likes to wear flashy decoration, as well.

Yeah, I like jokes and the tools of a trickster. But I'm just on tour...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links