So what have you left at the range by mistake?

This is a discussion on So what have you left at the range by mistake? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I left a magazine there yesterday. I hope there are some honest shooters at the range!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what have you left at the range by mistake?

So what have you left at the range by mistake?

I left a magazine there yesterday. I hope there are some honest shooters at the range!

2. Remove Ads

Ear muffs once got them back the next week

Leather double magazine carrier, Bianchi. They saved them for me though.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

The center of the target!! Occasionally unfired ammo. John

A roll of target tape. Got it back the next week.

Usually leave brass...I can never find it all! Most of the time I at least pick up more than I shoot, regardless of the calibre. (Why more of us don't do that -- it's a club range -- is beyond me!)

Memories of an "off" shooting day. (Glad to leave them there!)

Memories of a good practice session. (They usually always take a back seat to those of an "off" day...)
    "Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." --- John Adams
    (1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President
    Source: Oct. 11, 1798; Address to the military

Assistant Administrator
    A shoot three or more years ago - down with the MD guys at the Timonium range.

Took a boatload of handguns and one longarm - my Marlin 94 in .44 mag - had no chance to shoot it. On way back battling beltway traffic realized all of a sudden - had left it in its case propped up at end of range - oops.

Called them and with many miles and time wasted turned around to go back - caught them before they closed up. That was I think only time - but taught me a lesson!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Not enough AMMO!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I went to shoot and as always scoured the shooting lane that I used and everywhere else (am paranoid that I will leave a pistol or ammo). Washed my hands, chatted with the guys behind the counter, looked at a couple of new pistols and then left. Only to figure out a day later that I had left my DL and walked out without paying....DOH!! Called them and the guy that answered the phone just laughed. Said it happens all the time!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

A pretty nice pair of safety glasses once and one time a 100 round Winchester White box of 100 rounds of .40 cal ammo. Unopened, just sitting there. I hope who ever found it had fun with it.

Found $10 one time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    My gun right before I got my CCW. After one of my first IDPA matches, I put the gun in its pouch, placed it next to the range bag and proceeded to pack the rest the stuff. While doing this, I got engaged in a conversation with another shooter, grabbed the bag and left for the parking lot. I actually got home and realized I left the gun back at the range. I called the club director who told me one of the guys had it and to give him a call. I recovered the gun a couple of days later and, amazingly I was never ribbed about by any club member. I think they are still waiting for the perfect moment to let me have it.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Moderator
    .357 Dan Wesson in a case about 10 years ago.

One of my shooting bags containing a Colt Anaconda .44, Colt XSE .45, Sig p220 and Sig P226 in .357 Sig and a few plastic cases of ammo along with my Peltor Tactical muffs a couple of years ago.

Luckliy, got it back the next day. One of my friend picked it up and took it home and called me that night. I went to his house after work that day and picked them up.

I still get a lot of flack for that one...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    My pride.

About a third of a case of clays, the thrower, and a pile of good 12ga hulls...it's nice having enough land to play on without having to pack out the more durable stuff for a change :)

I have not left anything yet.

I did find a BP Uberti revolver. I just arrived at the range with the g/f and we were watching two guys shooting some BP rifles. I waited outside to see them shoot. ( I never seen a BP rifle in action) they were cleaning up and we headed in to start our range time. The one guy must of been the buddy of the firearms owner. I watched him clean up and he had a pistol box in his had and some trash. he walked over to the trashcan and placed the pistol box on the edge of the can and tossed in his trash. He never picked up the pistol box on his way back to the other gear. Both guys left and never picked up the pistol. I was at the range for about an hour and thought that they would of been back to get it. Well they didn't so I turned it in to the owner of the range. I am not sure how long it took the owner of the pistol to remember that it was left behind.

VIP Member
    I shoot in my backyard, but I did leave a magazine down there once. I had to walk all the way back down there to get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links