HK, Sig, Springfield

HK, Sig, Springfield

This is a discussion on HK, Sig, Springfield within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I closed a B I G deal today, and to celebrate, I want to trade in my Ultra Raptor for a new piece. I went ...

View Poll Results: Which one

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • HK USP .45 Tactical

15 24.19%
  • Sig 220 Elite

16 25.81%
  • Springfield Operator 1911

23 37.10%
  • Something else (explain)

8 12.90%

Thread: HK, Sig, Springfield

HK, Sig, Springfield

I closed a B I G deal today, and to celebrate, I want to trade in my Ultra Raptor for a new piece. I went looking to (and perhaps converted a Glock shooter to the 1911 camp) He as in love with the 4 inch CDP, but he agreed with me about a 3 inch 1911 just not felling "right"
    I started looking at a Sig 220 Elite, a full size HK USP Tactical, and a Springfield 5 inch Operator.
    All of them are nice guns, but I left without any of them, I couldn't make up my mind. I've a Sig, a full size HK and a Springfield 1911 (not an operator)
    Then again, for a lot more money, they have a case full of Nighthawk, but I don't really want to spend that much.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I vote for the Springer 1911 had a HK and shot the Sig 22 for me there is nothing that fits my hand and shoots as good as a 1911..

If you wanna go higher end Les Baer is way to go other wise a springer or a Colt Special combat..

Nighthawks just don't impress me but you said ya wanted to treat your self that would do it

I had to say Sig. I have three of the older basic models and love them to death. For me there are two kinds of guns out there, Sig and "other"

Been carrying a HK USP .45 for several years now 7 days a week, and it has been 100% it will feed and cycle anything that will fit the Mag reliably, I abuse it, neglect it, and it just keeps functioning with no problems.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

If you count customer service in there I would go for the Springfield
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

dude check out the s&w 1911's they are sweet =o) i LOVE mine

If you want service, go with the Springfield.

Someone posted a story from one of the other 1911 forums not long ago about a guy who just bought his Springfield 1911 and was on the way home... never even fired it yet, and it flew outta his back pack while doing about 70 mph on his motorcycle. It skidded down the highway, came out of the box, got run over a time or two and he some pretty narley pictures of it posted.... bent the frame, ripped the grips off scuffed it up something fierce.

The safety never came "off safe!" He sent it in to Springfield and they made it right! I believe they have since used the gun in some of their advertising.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I don't really like the Mag release on on the HK's. If I were to get one I'd want to get one with a threaded barrel.

For my money I think I would go withe Springer Operator or loaded.

IF I had the money I want to get a Wilson.

Granted I've never tried a Nighthawk, or an Ed Brown.

For the most part, I'm a 1911 guy so I'm a little biased.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I voted Springer- it's a nice gun. I saw you mention Nighthawk and my heart would be there... depending on just how rediculous the price. (I've always wanted a nighthawk.) Either is a heck of a way to celebrate!
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

I've had great luck with Springfield, but if I had the money to buy a Nighthawk...I would get one and be done with it. Only cry once, heirloom grade piece.
    What Would Gumby Do?

That's the part that has me stumped. I've got a USP Compact, I've had the full size, but not the tactical model, and I've had a Sig 220, only not one as nice as the Elite
    It seems like I ALWAYS go back to the 1911s for whatever reason. I think my old HK and my 220 were woth traded in on 1911s.
    The wife is no help :-) she looked at all of them online with me last night. The only response was on the Springfield, but it was "it looks like all your other ones"
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I voted something else.

Maybe you should consider buying either an HK PSP or a P7M8. I promise it is unlike any other pistol in (unless you are already have one) your collection. They are easily concealed, shoot scary accurately, look cool (IMHO) and not everyone has one. Just my $.02 worth
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthre...=174946&page=9

Here is the example of springers warranty and customer service
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

dang it sheepdog...it's all your fault :-)
    I went back today, walked in the door and BAM...I was attacked by a used Nighthawk Custom Talon 2
    When I say used, it went home with one of the shop owners friends, right into his safe for 6 months, then came back to be traded in on a Browning over/under

I put the 1st 100 rounds through her...OH MY GOD. It even makes a hack like me look good.
    I'll post the forum required pictures as soon as I get her cleaned up.

Sponsored Links