499/39x

499/39x

This is a discussion on 499/39x within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I shot a 499/39x today in my club's modified PPC match. That earned me a second place in the rimfire class. The winner shot a ...

Thread: 499/39x

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar

499/39x

I shot a 499/39x today in my club's modified PPC match. That earned me a second place in the rimfire class. The winner shot a 500 with a 40+ X count. I shot my Ruger MK2 Government Model with the 6&7/8th inch barrel.

I fell absolutely apart in the centerfire class. I was shooting my K38, and I didn't even finish in the places. I just couldn't get comfortable with the trigger. My sight picture seemed good, but my trigger control just wasn't there. We had one of the area's top notch gunsmiths shooting in the match. He took the K38 home with him to do a trigger job on it for me. He believed he could really get the trigger slick on it for me. This revolver is VERY accurate; so, the problems was with me. I've shot some revolvers he has worked on and have been very impressed with them. He said he would have it done this week.

In the drawing that followed the match I won a box of Federal Gold Match .38sp 148gr wadcutters.

Assistant Administrator
    CE - superb score - heck that is awesome! I have never yet tried a modified for .22's but can imagine it'd be real enjoyable. So - that was a '500' as against a '600' or '1500'. Did that cover 25 yds - and barricades?

I have only very recently gotten back into PPC - used to shoot it for years - tho now I am a tad disadvantaged with vision etc. I am again using the same platform as I did all those years ago - a 6" 686. Love it. This replacement one was originally acparmed's and I have managed to refit the old 15 ounce barrel weight I'd made for the original.

It makes for much better aim recovery and in particular - helps me stay more stable laterally when 25 yds, left hand barricade - my left arm is very weak and I need all the help I can get! Sorry your K38 was not doing its best for you - hope it gets satisfactorily ''breathed on''!

Here is my curent PPC 686 - you may have seen pic already.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    The highest score possible on this course is 500/50x. They call the course a modified PPC course, but it is not really a true PPC, at least I don't think it is. The longest shot is 25 yards (12 of them) and a barricade is used at the 25 yard line.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    so, the problems was with me.
    I'm thinking about getting this quote as a brilliant red tattoo. It might teach me to keep my fracken mouth shut.

I reload a .38 SPL 148 grain full wadcutter, myself. I'd like to get a stainless SW 952.

Congrats on the good score.

Sponsored Links