Wipe-out

Wipe-out

This is a discussion on Wipe-out within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone using this stuff besides me? It seems to clean very well. Gets all the copper fouling out. A great product IMO. Before Wipeout I ...

Thread: Wipe-out

Wipe-out

Anyone using this stuff besides me? It seems to clean very well. Gets all the copper fouling out. A great product IMO. Before Wipeout I was using Butches Bore Shine.

http://www.sharpshootr.com/wipeout.htm

Yeah i have used it work well when there is a lot of copper fouling

IMHO, WipeOut is one of those select few products that just make you go "Wow!!" I have several high velocity varmint rifles (204 Ruger, 22-250, etc.) that never see anything except jacketed bullets. WipeOut cleans them like nothing else I've ever used. If you want to test it out, use your normal cleaning method on your rifle and then swab the barrel with alcohol or GunScrubber to absolutely remove all traces of the cleaning solvent. Use WipeOut as directed and look at the color of the swab when you wipe it out. That turquoise blue color is additional copper fouling that was pulled from the barrel. If WipeOut has any flaw, it is that it can be a little messy to use. I usually spray it in, and then jam a couple of cotton swabs in the chamber to prevent it from migrating into the action. I then put a piece of plastic wrap around the muzzle end and secure it with a rubber band to prevent it from running out of the barrel onto the floor. (Ask my wife about the big blue stain on my gun room floor from the first time I used it). WipeOut is a product that I recommend without hesitation. I've never used it on a pistol, but have no reason to believe that it wouldn't work just as well, it's just that velocities on the pistols are substantially lower than on the varmint rifles plus I'm not looking for sub MOA accuracy out a pistol.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links