Defensive Carry banner

Well I had to get another Colt

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
Well I just had to grab this Colt Commander.It is a 1951 Commander chambered in 38 Super.She is so purty.The only thing I am going to change are the grips and put some Stags on her.It is in at least 98 % condition.Sorry for the bad pics but my camera sucks and I suck at taking pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Very niiice!!

Now you can play G-man and pack it in a shoulder holster. Come on...you know you want to.

Seriously - beautiful gun and a great find in that historic caliber. How much did it run you? (IYDMMA) (I just made that up - it means "If you don't mind my asking")

Austin

#10 ·
:congrats:

I have one in .38 super as well that is in horrible need of refinishing. My cousin gave it to me. He lived in FL. and the salt humidity was not very friendly to it. arrggghhh... I have it in storage at the moment but one day I'll get around to a new finish job and see how salvageable it is.

I remember when I got it thinking how much fun it would be to shoot and see if any decent accuracy was left in it.

Can you believe I kind of forgot I had it? Sheesh... isn't old age great?

#14 ·
A person could do a lot worse than to get another Colt.

OD, good advice on the grips. Why didn't I think of that?

#16 ·
That is a very nice looking horsey pistol.
Congrats on getting it.
A very worthwhile addition to the family. :yup:

The stag grips look great on there.

I just think really nice and special looking grips set off a Colt pistol so doggone well.

I have nothing personal against any of the standard Colt factory original grips but, unless you want to keep your collectible Colt 100% original....a beautiful set of custom grips is really the way to go. :king:

I actually would rather the serious Colt collectors have the collectible grips for their Colts Under Glass Showcase pistols.
Give me a beautious pair of Ivories any day.

I just saw a set of original PLASTIC Colt Grips go for $275.00 plus on Ebay last week.
I say "plus" because I spotted them before the auction closed and they were already at $275.
I never bothered checking back to see what the final closing was.
THAT is one heckova serious Colt Collector....$275 for vintage Colt plastic grips.

There aint no plastic gun grips worth $275. out of my QKShooter wallet. :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.