Y'all have fun with this one! Cop killer pistols, etc.

This is a discussion on Y'all have fun with this one! Cop killer pistols, etc. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1393155.html U.S. Guns Bolster Mexican Traffickers By IOAN GRILLO The Associated Press MEXICO CITY - Authorities are sounding the alarm about an influx of assault ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Y'all have fun with this one! Cop killer pistols, etc.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Y'all have fun with this one! Cop killer pistols, etc.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1393155.html

U.S. Guns Bolster Mexican Traffickers

By IOAN GRILLO
    The Associated Press

MEXICO CITY - Authorities are sounding the alarm about an influx of assault rifles, armor-piercing pistols and fragmentation grenades from the United States, weapons that they say are increasingly being used to kill police and soldiers fighting drug cartels.

U.S. and Mexican law enforcement officials report a sharp increase in both the flow and firepower of U.S. weapons across the border. Particularly worrisome are assault rifles and "cop-killer" pistols.

Mexico has strict firearms laws, few gun stores and a mere 4,300 private licensed gun holders among its 105 million people. The United States, with nearly as many guns as people, has more than 100,000 licensed gun sellers, an industry that makes about 2.8 million small arms a year, and gun laws so loose that arms traffickers easily pick up any weapons they need.

Despite Mexico's gun control laws, criminals have long smuggled guns in from the United States.

"The problem is getting bigger because the illegal possession of arms, and their clandestine introduction to our country, combines with narcotics trafficking," said a government report to Mexico's Senate in June.

It said 99.4 percent of the weapons in the hands of Mexican criminals are suspected of coming from the United States.

At least 11,752 U.S.-sold guns have been found in Mexico since January 2003 , a tiny fraction of what remains on the streets, according to the report.

It did not give figures for previous years. But one indicator of a new gun glut is the fact that hit men drop their guns at crime scenes rather than be caught with them afterward, knowing they are easily replaced, a senior U.S. law enforcement official in Mexico said on condition of anonymity for security reasons.

Particularly worrisome are U.S. sales of Belgian-made FN-57 pistols. These fire bullets that "will defeat most body armor in military service around the world today," according to the Remtek weapons site on the Internet. They sell for $800-$1,000 each at dozens of gun stores within a day's drive of the border.

The weapons were unheard of in Mexico until they were used to kill at least a half dozen police officers this year. Among them were Mexico City policemen Felix Perez and Jose Rodriguez, slain in May when a car full of suspected mobsters fired FN-57s whose bullets sliced right through the officers' body armor.

In all, about 100 Mexican officers have been slain since President Felipe Calderon launched an ambitious nationwide crackdown on the drug trade this year.

"U.S. laws allow citizens to have guns that are authentically warlike," Attorney General Eduardo Medina Mora complained at a recent news conference. "We have to find a more effective way of stopping these arms from flowing into the country and giving these gangs such significant firepower."

The U.S. Congress has so far resisted these calls. It's particularly easy to buy weapons at the thousands of U.S. gun shows held each year, where the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives stopped checking addresses of gun buyers after the National Rifle Association complained that sales plummeted.

Mexico also wants lawmakers in Washington to loosen restrictions on who can see gun-purchasing data, but that's unlikely given the strong opposition from the NRA.

The U.S. government is now restricted in many cases from sharing such information with local police departments, let alone the Mexican government, making it difficult to trace illegal guns or arrest weapons traffickers.

Mexican officials also complain that U.S. judges give firearms traffickers lighter sentences than drug dealers.

Mexican arms traffickers pay U.S. residents a profit of $20 to $200 per weapon to make purchases, the U.S. official said. The guns are then hidden in car compartments, truckloads of consumer goods and even small planes, crossing into Mexico in the same vehicles that carry cocaine, marijuana and heroin north, the official said.

The ATF says it is fighting the problem by sending more agents to the border and giving Mexico a pack of gun-sniffing Labrador retrievers this year.

U.S. officials also put blame on Mexico, saying officials rarely search southbound traffic along the border. But Mexican customs agents who do are often given a grim choice: "plata o plomo" , the silver of a bribe, or the lead of a bullet.

In February, Mexican customs agent Jorge Santillan seized a truck crossing from Brownsville, Texas, to Matamoros, Mexico, carrying a grenade launcher and 17 grenades along with 18 rifles and 17 pistols. The shipment allegedly belonged to the Zetas, a feared group of former soldiers-turned-hitmen.

Days later, the agent was shot to death with a Kalashnikov assault rifle.

Once inside Mexico, weapons are sold in black-market shops for double the U.S. price.

Mexico City gun enthusiast Daniel Aguilera described illegally buying a submachine gun from vendors in the capital's Tepito barrio who let him test the merchandise on a stack of cans in a tenement building.

"Buying a gun in Mexico is a piece of cake," Aguilera said. "You can get your hands on one in a couple of hours, if you know the right people."

August 15, 2007 3:38 PM
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I stopped counting at the gross mistakes after five
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    We will keep our guns up here when they keep their undocumented workers down there .. sounds like a fair trade to me .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    So how many militaries have adopted the FN 5.7mm pistol?

Senior Moderator
    and here I thought that any pistol that killed a cop was a cop killing pistol...

simple me...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I stopped counting at the gross mistakes after five
    I agree, but I can't let some of these slide......

[Begin rant]

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    - Authorities are sounding the alarm about an influx of assault rifles, armor-piercing pistols and fragmentation grenades from the United States, weapons that they say are increasingly being used to kill police and soldiers fighting drug cartels.
    [sarcasm]Where can you buy grenades? I need to rid myself of some worrisome gophers....[/sarcasm]
    U.S. and Mexican law enforcement officials report a sharp increase in both the flow and firepower of U.S. weapons across the border. Particularly worrisome are assault rifles and "cop-killer" pistols.
    Mexico doesn't even try to protect their own border, WHY SHOULD WE PROTECT IT FOR THEM?
    Mexico has strict firearms laws, few gun stores and a mere 4,300 private licensed gun holders among its 105 million people. The United States, with nearly as many guns as people, has more than 100,000 licensed gun sellers, an industry that makes about 2.8 million small arms a year, and gun laws so loose that arms traffickers easily pick up any weapons they need.

Despite Mexico's gun control laws, criminals have long smuggled guns in from the United States.
    Anybody remember the US's attempt at Prohibition? You ban something & surprise, surprise....there pops up another illegal item to smuggle.
    "The problem is getting bigger because the illegal possession of arms, and their clandestine introduction to our country, combines with narcotics trafficking," said a government report to Mexico's Senate in June.
    Hmmmm...Do you think it's the same people smuggling in BOTH directions?----These guys are really showing a grasp of reality aren't they?
    It said 99.4 percent of the weapons in the hands of Mexican criminals are suspected of coming from the United States.

At least 11,752 U.S.-sold guns have been found in Mexico since January 2003 , a tiny fraction of what remains on the streets, according to the report.
    I guess if you want a banned item, you have to go where they aren't banned to get them......Where else would you go to get them?...Nicaragua? There are more here...so what? It's ILLEGAL to take them across the border.
    Particularly worrisome are U.S. sales of Belgian-made FN-57 pistols. These fire bullets that "will defeat most body armor in military service around the world today," according to the Remtek weapons site on the Internet. They sell for $800-$1,000 each at dozens of gun stores within a day's drive of the border.

The weapons were unheard of in Mexico until they were used to kill at least a half dozen police officers this year. Among them were Mexico City policemen Felix Perez and Jose Rodriguez, slain in May when a car full of suspected mobsters fired FN-57s whose bullets sliced right through the officers' body armor.
    You may be able to buy the guns, BUT YOU CAN'T GET THE ARMOR PIERCING AMMO IN THE US!
    "U.S. laws allow citizens to have guns that are authentically warlike," Attorney General Eduardo Medina Mora complained at a recent news conference. "We have to find a more effective way of stopping these arms from flowing into the country and giving these gangs such significant firepower."
    "authentically warlike"...........I didn't see M60s, SAWs, M2s, RPGs at the last gun show I went to....did I miss them?
    The U.S. Congress has so far resisted these calls.
    Again, Why should we patrol their border?
    It's particularly easy to buy weapons at the thousands of U.S. gun shows held each year, where the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives stopped checking addresses of gun buyers after the National Rifle Association complained that sales plummeted.
    Now that's BS! They took that incident totally out of context. The ATF was breaking the law by intercepting firearms forms & going to peoples homes & asking whoever answered if they "Knew that so&so was buying a gun today?"...but that's another story....
    Mexico also wants lawmakers in Washington to loosen restrictions on who can see gun-purchasing data, but that's unlikely given the strong opposition from the NRA.
    How would that help the Mexican government......IT'S ILLEGAL FOR A MEXICAN TO BUY A GUN IN THE US & MEXICO.
    The U.S. government is now restricted in many cases from sharing such information with local police departments, let alone the Mexican government, making it difficult to trace illegal guns or arrest weapons traffickers.
    You mean sharing with people like Blooming Idiot, the mayor of NYC?
    Mexican officials also complain that U.S. judges give firearms traffickers lighter sentences than drug dealers.
    Since when do we go into Mexico & get their traffickers? Look what happened to our two Border Patrol guys who shot that drug trafficker in the butt?...Their in jail!
    Mexican arms traffickers pay U.S. residents a profit of $20 to $200 per weapon to make purchases, the U.S. official said. The guns are then hidden in car compartments, truckloads of consumer goods and even small planes, crossing into Mexico in the same vehicles that carry cocaine, marijuana and heroin north, the official said.
    Once again, WHY ARE WE RESPONSIBLE TO PROTECT THEIR BORDER?
    The ATF says it is fighting the problem by sending more agents to the border and giving Mexico a pack of gun-sniffing Labrador retrievers this year.
    I'm not holding my breath on this one working real well.....BGs tend to find other ways to peddle their wares.
    U.S. officials also put blame on Mexico, saying officials rarely search southbound traffic along the border. But Mexican customs agents who do are often given a grim choice: "plata o plomo" , the silver of a bribe, or the lead of a bullet.
    DING DING DING! We have a winner!
    In February, Mexican customs agent Jorge Santillan seized a truck crossing from Brownsville, Texas, to Matamoros, Mexico, carrying a grenade launcher and 17 grenades along with 18 rifles and 17 pistols. The shipment allegedly belonged to the Zetas, a feared group of former soldiers-turned-hitmen.

Days later, the agent was shot to death with a Kalashnikov assault rifle.
    So when a good guy does try to correct it.......
    "Buying a gun in Mexico is a piece of cake," Aguilera said. "You can get your hands on one in a couple of hours, if you know the right people."
    Sounds just like everywhere else a item is banned....there seems to be a thriving black market........go figure!

I have a way to fix all this & it's really simple............your going to kick yourself for not thinking of this:

BUILD A BIG WALL BETWEEN THE US & MEXICO.
    THAT WAY WE STOP OUR ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION & DRUG PROBLEM & WE STOP MEXICO'S GUN PROBLEM......at least until the BGs come up with another way around it.....

[/end of rant]
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Make sure the wall is thick enough and sturdy enough to serve as a good backstop for high powered rounds....

JD
    Administrator
    An armor piercing pistol? Must be hard to keep it in a holster

Hey, here's a thought, maybe if we close the border, less guns will get in to Mexico

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

U.S. Guns Bolster Mexican Traffickers

By IOAN GRILLO
    The Associated Press

August 15, 2007 3:38 PM

It is believed that 100% of the illegal alien Mexicans in the United States came from Mexico.

Ha, ha, ha. After decades of the Mexican government pawning their population off on the United States it looks like their open borders are now causing them problems. I feel so bad for them.

You know, I couldn't care less of the problems Mexico has. I'm tired of the mill20ions of Illegals here that are being harbored and protected by our own. I used to be able to go accross the border for a day or two for vacation. Wouldn't think about taking my family down there now with all of the crime and their drug cartels. Heck, I wouldn't even take them to Laredo with the crime that has spilled over onto our side of the border.
    It's clear that if this is going to be fixed, we've got to secure our southern border with a triple tiered wall. You can still have border crossings and commerce would not be halted. But it has to be controlled. We have to know 'who' is in our country.
    Then if our govt would prosecute the mayors and city councils of the Santuary Cities for harboring the illegals (maybe withdraw federal funding??) millions of illegals would get the message like they did from Eisenhower back in '54 and head back south.off.

VIP Member
    Go to the article and check the pictures. With the exception of the cash and the radios, I bet any one of us have more stuff in a small cabinet that the one they are displaying there for the press representing the decadence and crime in Mexico due to Bad US influence.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Go to the article and check the pictures. With the exception of the cash and the radios, I bet any one of us have more stuff in a small cabinet that the one they are displaying there for the press representing the decadence and crime in Mexico due to Bad US influence.
    Read the caption; "Weapons are exposed for photographers after being found in possession of a police officer,"

Ignoring the hideous construction of the sentence, (how,exactly did the weapons possess the officer?) don't most of their cops get radios and fancy guns issued to them? What I'm seeing looks like standard duty kit for a lot of departments up here.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    We will keep our guns up here when they keep their undocumented workers down there .. sounds like a fair trade to me .
    Apart from the obvious one about, "What the is a 'cop-killer pistol?!" that was the other thing that occurred to me:

"Hey Mexico, STFU with your whining. You get guns coming down there from us maybe, but WE get to put up with your human refuse by the millions, draining our economy, straining our hospitals and schools, and forcing us to post signs in spanish because they refuse to learn the language of the land (or are just mentally incapable of it, take your pick)!"

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    'undocumented workers'???
    They're "Illegal Aliens"!

I like to think of Mexico as a large "gun safe". What better place to keep your weapons than where the criminals are not? And yes, I believe that illegal aliens are criminals.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    IMexico doesn't even try to protect their own border, WHY SHOULD WE PROTECT IT FOR THEM?
    Actually, they have a standing shoot-to-kill order on their SOUTHERN border...hmmmmm...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links