For Euclidean

This is a discussion on For Euclidean within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw a Article on this in one of my Mags and i thought off you ... Dont like carrying a 1911 cocked and locked ...

Thread: For Euclidean

For Euclidean

I saw a Article on this in one of my Mags and i thought off you ... Dont like carrying a 1911 cocked and locked no problem .. Cylibder-Slide
    Makes a SFS Action kit Heres Link to how it works SFS KIT

Basically you load it like normal then push the hammer forward and put safety on ... When you sweep the Safety off it cocks the Hammer and your ready to Go ...

Dont think i would want soemthing like this on my gun Unless it was just for a range tryout to see how it worked.

But someone did since they make it ... Since we know ya dont like cocked and locked :chairshot heres a way for ya to get into a 1911..

Its a intersting Ideal no doubt .. Anyone here have any experience with the kit?
    Last edited by Bud White; May 30th, 2005 at 05:23 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, they're kinda neat actually. But, I would think if Euc is such revolver fan, and has learned the trigger of a da revolver, but is considering a 1911 'style' pistol, why not the Para LDA series. Seems like the best of both worlds. The SFS kit just seems to me, anyways, that the more moving parts, the more to go wrong, ya know.

Dan

Ya wont get much arguement out of me on that kind of liek a series 80 to many parts ... my only thing is lda is a DA but your right for a wheel guy they might prefer that

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    To be fair, lots of guys start out with a revolver while they learn their craft. It's simple, it works and you can defend yourself quite nicely.

Like anything else, you want to be good at your hobby. Then someone hands you a 1911 or a P-229 or a good feeling SIG and the heavens open.

He'll practice and learn. I believe him to be sincere.

oh, I never doubted his sincerety, in trying a 1911. My thought has always been: whatever you shoot well, stick to it. However, I have never tried to dissuade one from trying something new. Ever since they came out, I have alway viewed the LDA series of guns as a most viable option for those who like 1911 'style' ergo nomics, but dislike their sa only triggers.
    Senior Euc could probably outshoot me easily with any gun he chooses. I was simply offering what I thought to be a viable option considering his previous posts.

Dan

That's a neat idea... seems like a bit of a Rube Goldberg approach though of taking a single action and then turning it back into a double action that's still a single action.

Still, if I understand that correctly, that gives you a 1911 trigger pull with the more familiar double action performance.

I'm with Bud. It'd be neat to have but I'm not sure I'd want it on a "combat" handgun (even though combat handgun is an oxymoron...).

For some reason I'm reminded of the old yarn about the gentleman who approached a gun store counter and wished to see a 1911 and a SIG 220. After handling both he asked if the trigger from the 1911 could be transferred to the SIG...

And alas the 229 taunts me, but the XD40 looks good too...

Euc,

Yes, there have been many attempts to make a 1911 into double action. We have already spoken of the Double Eagle. I never liked those Seecamp conversions, either.

I don't think the real debate was ever over the trigger. The single action is the better, smoother and steady appliance. Even to this day, the fastest first shot against the clock is from a SAA and a guy who knows how to use it. And lets not forget that elite troops and SWAT still use the 1911.

The real problem is liability and money. The brass don't want the bulk of their police forces running around with cocked pistols, especially newbies. And P95Carry and I just had this debate, and it's a valid one.

But, Euc, I believe that you are sincere in your study of the firearm. In that vein, you will study the recoil operated, locked breech, magazine fed, automatic pistol. It's a major branch of firearms knowledge, and I doubt you will be able to keep yourself from the finest implement of the 20th century.

In fact, right now, today, if I put a Tussey Custom in your hand a Chef's Spread Country Crock tub of a few hundred reloads I'm sure all I would get back would be dirty empty brass and a stupid grin.

Merciful heavens if Euc ever discovers the fun of combat shooting. Both Dillon Precision and Black Hills will have to run a second shift!

0Your Right tourist seems once someone gets into a 1911 they wonder what have i been doing ... My uncle held of for 40 some years from a 1911 then he shot mine and went out same day and bought a Springfield TRP..

Ever Coem this Way Euc ill left ya shoot my 1911's and colt wheelies... My 1911's certainly wont touch a tussey custom or night hawk but youll get that feel

Bud,

Terry gives me a discount if I bring him fresh meat. Shhhhh!

Lol Can i get one for under 200 im short on cash :1saufen:

Links