Daddy needs a new pair of shoes

This is a discussion on Daddy needs a new pair of shoes within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Check this out LOL. [ http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-b...hschool_xpromo...

Thread: Daddy needs a new pair of shoes

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    If you read it, It is sad that a M1A and a 1903 .32 Colt were destroyed
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I'd be willing to bet that the M1 and colt end up in one of the officer's safes. No disrespect, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've heard a lot of stories of confiscated items ending up somewhere else, including firearms.
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

I would rather they end up in a cops safe than cut up and destroyed.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PAExplorer View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that the M1 and colt end up in one of the officer's safes. No disrespect, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've heard a lot of stories of confiscated items ending up somewhere else, including firearms.
    Maybe this has happened in the past, but Ive watched plenty of nice guns going off the the incinerator. I'm pleading with the higher ups right now to allow a matched set of Colt 1911's go to auction rather than melting pot.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Maybe this has happened in the past, but Ive watched plenty of nice guns going off the the incinerator. I'm pleading with the higher ups right now to allow a matched set of Colt 1911's go to auction rather than melting pot.
    Yeah, why not raise some money to help the local PD or for some other purpose. The object shouldn't be getting guns off the streets, it should be getting guns out of the hands of criminals and people who don't want them.
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Criminal vandalism

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    "A matched set of Colt 1911s destroyed!" I am crying into my keyboard and need another box of Kleenex. That is the saddest story I have heard in a long time, and the perpetrators should be charged with vandalism.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I wonder if they will check the serial numbers for STOLEN GUNS
    and attempt to Contact the LEGAL Owners

I would bet NOT...
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

And remember what the police did in Florida....selling the firearms very cheaply to women and training them in their proper use and c. carry. The crime rate against women dropped like a well ventilated felon, even though I don't think any of the firearms were actually fired. Their presence was enough.

Good grief, "Kicks for Guns"!? It is so sad that some folks hold this kind of feel-good effort as something that actually contributes to their community's safety...what a crock. It's sad what the liberals will fall for, just look at their candidates for further proof of their stupidity!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

What's worse is that they spent $10k of Florida's tax payer monies doing it! They could have made 3 times that just reselling the firearms to lawful individuals or collections.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Be interesting to see a picture of the "homemade, 40-shot assault pistol". It is sad to hear that they are destroying some fine firearms. Hopefully a few do end up in a safe rather than the incinerator. And an M1A is on my wish list, to...
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I can't believe they actually paid for that launcher tube. I have some spent .223 casings, think I can get $50 a pop for those? Idiots.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    "It's a huge success," Orlando police Detective Barb Bergin said shortly after 1 p.m. when the exchange already exceeded 200 guns. "Clearly some of the guns we took off the street today were not for sport or self-protection. Those sawed-off shotguns were clearly for committing crimes."
    Of course we don't know the lengths of the barrels, but I imagine that a very good case could be made that the "sawed-off shotguns were clearly for" home defense. I have two for that purpose (both have 18" barrels).

You would also think that there would be someone associated with this that could tell the difference between a rocket launcher and a carrying case.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links