Defensive Carry banner

Appreciation for what I have!

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  1911NM 
#1 ·
I know many of us love guns, and some of you may have quite a collection, but you really have to stand back and appreciate what you do have in your collection. I decided to take out all my guns and lay them out on my pool table (It doesn't get used much), and I must say I have quite an arsenal. I never really gave it much thought to appreciate what I've worked so hard to obtain, as I've been looking at my next firearm purchase. All the guns I have chosen will last a very long time if taken care of properly. I've gone through many more guns than I have, through trading, and selling, but the guns I have right now I don't plan on getting rid of anytime soon. So I guess you could say I've built and re-built my gun collection.

I especially love what I've done to my Remington 870...

The handguns are (from left to right) Glock 19, Springfield Armory 1911A1 Mil-Spec, and Ruger SP101 357 Magnum 2.25"

This is an older pic of my Romanian WASR10 AK47.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice Shotgun! I know exactly what you mean. I have a decent collection and I recently decided to upgrade the guns I allready own rather than buy more.

#6 ·
nice collection there..especially liking that Remington 870

#10 ·
Very nice indeed and for sure - well worthy of appreciation. My own guns are very much for most part ''my babies'' ........ and are appreciated both functionally as well as with some - aesthetically too. My engineering background perhaps allows me an ''edge'' with regard to enjoying well engineered machinery!

I'd extend that even further too - such that we actually relish our appreciation for everything we have and enjoy. Family, kids, the roof over our heads and the food we eat - etc ... in fact all that allows us to achieve some of that ''pursuit of happiness''.

#14 ·
Very nice. I keep my guns clean and well maintained. I plan on handing em down to my kids one day, just like I own a few my dad bought and passed on to me.

#15 ·
I'm very thankful and pleased with the small collection of 4 hanguns and 1 rifle that I have. :smile:

They're not high-priced, expense tools (Bersa, Beretta, Colt, Marlin, & Springfield), but they get used and carried.

Kinda like cars: there's no shame in driving only what you can afford as long as you enjoy driving it. (I like seeing older (70's & '80's) cars tooling down the road that still look like they just came off the showroom floor - whether a Chevette or a much pricier model. That tells me that its' owner has taken great care and pride in keeping it in cherry condition.)

#16 ·
A nice little family you got going there. Looks great!

#17 ·
Nice family, but I think that there may be some 'adoption' in your future...:hand10:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.