The teachers in my building are giving me grief - Page 4

The teachers in my building are giving me grief

This is a discussion on The teachers in my building are giving me grief within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't own firearms, I own projectile kinetics research platforms... The other teachers sound like a bunch of bed wetters......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The teachers in my building are giving me grief

I don't own firearms, I own projectile kinetics research platforms...

The other teachers sound like a bunch of bed wetters...

we need good teachers here in east texas. we are DEFINITELY gun friendly here. most close for the opening of hunting season.
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    Amateur Radio License KE5LDO

Okay Tim, in solidarity with YOUR action I showed my home photo album to my kids today. It's a conglomeration of pix I've taken since High School. including the military. There are pix of me shooting an M16, an M2HB .50, an M1's 105mm main gun (not the M1A1's 120mm), as well as pix from when I was XO of the Division Pistol Team and some pix of both my wife and DAUGHTER shooting various events, including IDPA.

You should have heard the GASPS when they saw that I had not only taught my daughter to shoot a rifle when she was TEN years old, she'd kept up the skill and now owns a Ruger SP101 357 magnum. Plus my WIFE firing not just her own Colt Commander 45 but a shottie as well for Sporting Clays.

I also had a neat pic from the day I was promoted from 2LT to 1LT. I had my head shaved and since I was shaving anyway, my guys all made me get a MOHAWK and we took numerous pics of that. I remember running PT in that hairstyle just around the BN area and got stopped and chewed on by about five different majors before the little mile long jaunt was done. Mohawks being against army regs don't ya know.

ANYWAY, the kids really got off on the album and as I've heard many times in the past, more than a few of my punks observed to each other in hushed tones that I was NOT a dude to be messed with. Great technique for classroom management of discipline. Then for AP Government I had a long lecture on the Bill of Rights and a continuation of the differences between AGENDAS and ISSUES as illustrated by the school systems, nationwide. We discussed the 2nd Amendment in depth as well as just exactly what political conditions could lead to the intense amount of BIAS in presenting these issues. AP is a college level course for which they can get college credit. It's rigorous in academic requirements. So I get the cream of the student body in that class. I have just SIX students right now in AP. But these are the folks who will wind up at Harvard and Yale.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

What do you think about this situation?
    I was a teacher too. Remember phonics? Sound this out and you get my thoughts on the matter. Ready?

Scrooooooooom! Nuff said!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Got through the day and all is well. No phone calls or emails from upset parents and no principal notes. I "stuck to my guns" so to speak and I am glad I did. Thanks to ExSoldier for joining in the cause today

Senior Moderator
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links