Battle toll stats?

Battle toll stats?

This is a discussion on Battle toll stats? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Every Sat & Sun morning at breakfast (5:50 am/family asleep) I look through an amazing book on firearms....."GUNS" by David Miller. Brilliant photos of over ...

Thread: Battle toll stats?

Battle toll stats?

Every Sat & Sun morning at breakfast (5:50 am/family asleep) I look through an amazing book on firearms....."GUNS" by David Miller.
    Brilliant photos of over 2000 handguns, rifles, machineguns and curiosities.
    A hardcover "coffee table type' I highly recommend.
    Anyway, I'm looking through the section on the history of machineguns and came upon a reference to a battle (WW1 if I remember) in France in which 60,000 allies were killed IN ONE DAY!!!
    An amazing figure brought about by the near flawless performance of this particular machinegun.... a Maxim if I remember.
    I could'nt find the reference this morning but it made me wonder what the one day stats are for the bloodiest battles.
    Any suggestions on a site that provides such info?
    It also made clear how much more willing to persevere and fight to win, regardless of the losses, we once were as a nation as opposed the the whining and hand wringing we've seen since Nam and now Iraq where deaths don't come close to 60,000......in years of fighting!

VIP Member
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

The use of machine guns has greatly changed the tactics of warfare...in the beginning of WW1, the tactics were still from the 19th century.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    It also made clear how much more willing to persevere and fight to win, regardless of the losses, we once were as a nation as opposed the the whining and hand wringing we've seen since Nam and now Iraq where deaths don't come close to 60,000......in years of fighting!
    Yes, it's disgusting to me that the antis don't understand what sacrifices have been endured by those fighting for our country. The spoiled few sit with their ipods and complain that terrorists should have constitutional rights.

Total U.S. military deaths in Iraq in battle since 3/19/2003. 3726 as of 24 Aug 2007.
    Averages 843 per year. I a country fighting terrorists with our hands tied because we have to be politically correct.
    Total murders in California from in 2003-2005. 7302 in 3 years.
    Averages 2434 per year. This in a state that prides itself with heavy gun control. You won't hear this from Pelosi, Feinstein or Boxer.

GOOD GUN CONTROL Is Being Able To Hit Your Target!

Retired Navy in Florida grateful for the Freedom and Liberty my family and I have.

Thanks Scott!
    My GOD!! I've just spent the last HOUR reading the story of the Battle of Themopylae!
    Those Spartans were something else!
    It's impossible to look at Wikipedia without being taken on a hundred different sideroads!!!!
    Total murders in California from in 2003-2005. 7302 in 3 years.
    Averages 2434 per year. This in a state that prides itself with heavy gun control. You won't hear this from Pelosi, Feinstein or Boxer.
    Witness the screaming hypocracy and misdirected fears of the left!
    I'm sick to death of BOTH parties.
    But the Dems are a disgusting pack of SOBs!
    Thanks for the info guys.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Korea, Vietnam, and the Iraq wars were/are fought for the benefit of other nations peoples/governments. I think you'd see a different a, totally different American Citizen called to defend his own soil and loved ones.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Korea, Vietnam, and the Iraq wars were/are fought for the benefit of other nations peoples/governments. I think you'd see a different a, totally different American Citizen called to defend his own soil and loved ones.
    There weren't any Japanese or German enemy combatants coming ashore during WWII either but, as a nation, we saw the threat as one that would grow and ultimately come knocking at our door.
    Instead of knocking, they kicked down the door on 9-1-1.
    It's the liberal mentality that has infected us socially and politically that has made less than what we are.
    Veering off topic I fear.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    There weren't any Japanese or German enemy combatants coming ashore during WWII either but, as a nation, we saw the threat as one that would grow and ultimately come knocking at our door.
    Instead of knocking, they kicked down the door on 9-1-1.
    It's the liberal mentality that has infected us socially and politically that has made less than what we are.
    Veering off topic I fear.
    Sorry, you're right we're veering off topic. I just disagree with your last paragraph, but will bite my tongue.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Sponsored Links