Nut, or Someone You Would Deal With?

This is a discussion on Nut, or Someone You Would Deal With? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello, This fella used to operate around the Indianapolis area. His business was in deline when I was old enough to buy firearms so I ...

Thread: Nut, or Someone You Would Deal With?

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar

Hello,

This fella used to operate around the Indianapolis area. His business was in deline when I was old enough to buy firearms so I never went to his stores.

He struck me in the commercial I posted as a little off kilter. Always did.

Would you buy a gun from a guy like this? He gave gunowners bad names in Indiana for a bit with these commercials as anti-gunners saw him as a nut. They also really didn't like his signature "finger point." You'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynCsFZ3AS3E&NR=1

Ok, maybe he doesn't do the finger thing here. I can't tell as I'm on dialup. He would usually laugh some crazy laugh and point his finger at the screen and work his thumb like a hammer.

Josh <><

P.S. Dang, he still is in business! http://www.donsguns.com/ J.S.

That guy's awesome. I'd definitely deal with him. :)
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

He's a character, that's for sure. I shop by price mostly - Seems ok to me in that short clip.

Austin

I sure wish he would have taken his finger off the trigger when he was waving the gun around. Other than that he could be one of my relatives....

VIP Member
    Seems normal 2 me, car dealers and furniture sellers use the same quality advertising in these parts. He is probably a displaced Johnney
    Reb.

Talk about Nuts, what about that guy who ran around in the purple suit with question marks sewn on it. There are a lot of people that did business with him and made him millions. I think he is trying to catch your attention and stand out of the crowd.

He has accomplished his mission. You know who he is and where to find him. Now the Anti's hate everything to do with guns. He could have be standing there not moving a muscle and only talking and they would still bash him.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

I was born and raised in Indianapolis, graduated from Pike High School, and used to live about 5 minutes away from his remaining store on Lafayette Rd. and 38th (or "tray-ate" as his main customer base prefers) Street. I am shamed to admit that I shot there a few times.. but sure as hell never bought one of his over-priced 'gats'.

Mr. Don Davis is in the ATF's top ten list of gun sellers whose products are traced to crime. 'Dis don't be surprisin' considering who he usually be doin' his bidnus wif', and the fact that the only non-overpriced guns he has are your standard issue ghetto guns, i.e. Davis, Jennings, Raven Arms, etc. He also has a very questionable past as an alleged associate/Teamsters thug/bodyguard of Jimmy Hoffa. He is a low life and a blight on all gunowners in general, and legitimate firearms dealers who cater to the law abiding public in particular. I do so wish he would have a nice big cup of STFU (which of course stands for "Shut That Face Up!" ) and keep his sleazy mug off the local airwaves.... Oh, and I don't like the guy, either.
    Last edited by BushidoMarine; August 28th, 2007 at 03:47 PM.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

VIP Member
    Seemed like a nut job to me. But I don't think his commercials would do any harm. The antis already hate everything to do with guns. He might turn some stomachs, but that's probably all.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Here's one in LasVegas.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW55m5XTJCI&NR=1
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
    I would pay money to shoot an MP-40 and M249.

The guy in the OP looked kinda smarmy, I don't know if I would have done business with him (depends on how he was in person), but that range in Vegas looks awesome.

It's a popular place for the Japanese tourists to go rent a gun and fantasize winning WWII.....
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

I've visited many gun shops. There are some 'nuts' that visit the shops, and there are some 'nuts' that run some of the shops. If the owner is a wacko, I don't go back. This guy would be one who would not get a second visit from me. I like plain ole' down home people who share a calm, rational interest in firearms...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I've visited many gun shops. There are some 'nuts' that visit the shops, and there are some 'nuts' that run some of the shops. If the owner is a wacko, I don't go back. This guy would be one who would not get a second visit from me. I like plain ole' down home people who share a calm, rational interest in firearms...OMO
    I'm with you there. Spokane had a really good shop in the past that I frequented. While the employees were processing the paperwork for a gun sale, the owner would meander out of his back office, thank the buyer for patronizing his story and engage him in light conversation. He was actually "interviewing" the buyer before the sale was finalized. If he didn't like what he heard, he would stop the sale and send the buyer away. Didn't happen too often, but it was his way of being sure he didn't arm the nutjobs. I miss that shop.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Talk about Nuts, what about that guy who ran around in the purple suit with question marks sewn on it.
    He was awesome too.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Sponsored Links