PPK/S Problem

PPK/S Problem

This is a discussion on PPK/S Problem within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My PPK/S (Smith & Wesson) has been faultless out of the box till now. Almost 1000 rds without a hicup, but today it's perfect streak ...

Thread: PPK/S Problem

PPK/S Problem

My PPK/S (Smith & Wesson) has been faultless out of the box till now. Almost 1000 rds without a hicup, but today it's perfect streak is ruined. The slide locks back on almost every shot. I bought a couple boxes of the regular range ammo "Sellier and Bellot" and the slide locked back after the 2nd shot, and almost every shot after that.

If you pull the slide back and release it, it feeds the next round, no problem.

I tried a new magazine, and switched up the ammo for my carry stuff. Even bought a different brand of FMJ. The range master advised to RIG it, and sprayed it full of RIG aerosol lube, but nothing has helped so far.

I will take it in to a local shop if that's what needs to happen, but maybe there's something else I could try first?

VIP Member
    I have a ppk/s also, though I've never had any problems with it at all. Granted I havent' shot as many rounds through mine as you have. When you solve this please re-post so if other PPK owners have a similar problem they'll know where to start.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    I'm sure not a Walther expert. It's likely a very minor issue with the slide lock spring. I would have that checked.
    It's like a $4.00 part to replace.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sounds like QK is on the money. Empty the gun, hold the slide back ( I usually put some fingers in the chamber area and grip the gun like that) and wiggle the dooda that holds the slide back to see if it sticks.

By the way, isn't the PPK one of those guns that doesn't have an actual slide lock lever? Don't own one, so not sure.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    a good cleaning either involving disassembly to pins and springs or an ultrisonic clean tank should resolve the issue ( and others which are " about to pop up " for you.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I'm sure not a Walther expert. It's likely a very minor issue with the slide lock spring. I would have that checked.
    It's like a $4.00 part to replace.
    I've always wondered how to detail strip a PPK/s frame. I can do the slide, but I've never seen any instructions pertaining to the frame. Do you know of any? Thanks in advance!

Administrator
    The only reference I know of for detail stripping the PP PPK pistols.

The Book - Know Your Walther Pp and Ppk Pistols (Know Your Gun)
    by E. J. Hoffschmidt
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The only reference I know of for detail stripping the PP PPK pistols.

Know Your Walther Pp and Ppk Pistols (Know Your Gun)
    by E. J. Hoffschmidt
    The PPK/s should detail strip exactly the same as a PP frame since they are the same. The only difference is the PPK/s has a PP grip length, but with the shorter PPK slide for US import reasons.

Any pics/scans or other detail strip info you can provide?

it should break down like the polish p-64. go to the the unofficial p-64 resource message board. they have the full break down of the p-64. this will help you in the break down of the ppk.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    Sounds like QK is on the money. Empty the gun, hold the slide back ( I usually put some fingers in the chamber area and grip the gun like that) and wiggle the dooda that holds the slide back to see if it sticks.

By the way, isn't the PPK one of those guns that doesn't have an actual slide lock lever? Don't own one, so not sure.
    Going to check this tomorrow. May also try and detail strip, depending on how difficult it looks.

You're correct, it doesn't have a slide lock lever.

Thanks to all for your advice, if it doesn't work I am considering taking it to Gander Mountain for a cleaning or service. They are just finishing up building one here, and I seen on their web site that they offer cleaning and other services.
    Anyone have experience using them?

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Sorry, no. I pack my own parachute, sharpen my own knives, tune my own snowboard, wash my own car, and clean my own guns. That's just how I am.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    it should break down like the polish p-64. go to the the unofficial p-64 resource message board. they have the full break down of the p-64. this will help you in the break down of the ppk.
    Thanks! I just signed up and am awaiting my account activation...

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Sorry, no. I pack my own parachute, sharpen my own knives, tune my own snowboard, wash my own car, and clean my own guns. That's just how I am.
    Well arn't we special.

Just the same, if anyone else has ever used their services, I'd like to know. Someone mentioned Ultra-Sonic cleaning, I was thinking maybe they offer that? (BTW..if you do your own ultra-sonic cleaning, no need to inform me hehe)

Sponsored Links