Always trying - Page 2

Always trying

This is a discussion on Always trying within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Great letter Chris.....I couldn't have said it any better myself....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Always trying

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Great letter Chris.....I couldn't have said it any better myself.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Assistant Administrator
    Sad to say thus far - the letter did not prompt any reply.

My cynical nature leads me to think no one cares, or can't be bothered to follow it up. Apathy is at the root of many of our problems.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Sad to say thus far - the letter did not prompt any reply.

My cynical nature leads me to think no one cares, or can't be bothered to follow it up. Apathy is at the root of many of our problems.
    You think?

Honest student quote after I told him he was so apathetic, I couldn't believe it...

"I don't know what apathetic means and I don't really care!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great letter. Very much to the point yet simple enough that anyone who could actually read the newspaper could grasp it.

As to the paintball gun issue, I believe they should be handled with the same respect you would give a firearm. I have played more than my share of paintball and have seen all manner of players. However when on the field, there are definitely safety issues that must be addressed and adhered to. While a paintball is still a "less than lethal" weapon (unless frozen of course) there is no excuse to be pointing it anywhere that you are not willing to shoot. When playing a game, it is part of the "scenario" in which the other team actually IS what you want to shoot and it is all part of it. But also during the game everyone involved is doing so willingly and (hopefully) wearing the proper safety equipment. The bottom line is, the same safety rules that apply to firearms should be applied to paintball. (even while playing a game)
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Apathy is at the root of many of our problems.
    I might even go a step further and say that Apathy is at the root of nearly all of our problems.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Letter sounds great. Hope they have something to say back soon. Has to be hard on the parents of these children to hear that THEY, THEMSELVES, could have prevented these injuries and deaths if they had just rid these children of their curiosity. Most kids are told, "You don't need to know about or touch this. Leave it alone or you'll be in big trouble." Last I checked, we humans can't resist something we're told we can't have... God bless these families.
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

JD
    Administrator
    Great deal Chris, I applaud you in your efforts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links