Obstructed barrel rifle testing/video

This is a discussion on Obstructed barrel rifle testing/video within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Check out this site. I notice the European makes faired much better than the US ones. I couldn't get it to play with Opera but ...

Thread: Obstructed barrel rifle testing/video

Obstructed barrel rifle testing/video

Check out this site. I notice the European makes faired much better than the US ones. I couldn't get it to play with Opera but IE works fine.

http://www.testfakta.se/Article.aspx?a=16350

2. Remove Ads

So much for Remington's "three rings of steel" being so strong.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

i am unable to comprehend what obstructed rifle barrel testing has to do with real life. It should standard practice for shooters to look through the barrel before firing in practice sessions. Yes, it is possible to get mud or snow in the barrel while hunting. However, most folks will know when this happens.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    i am unable to comprehend what obstructed rifle barrel testing has to do with real life. It should standard practice for shooters to look through the barrel before firing in practice sessions. Yes, it is possible to get mud or snow in the barrel while hunting. However, most folks will know when this happens.
    They should, but you would be surprised.

I hunt with a Howa 1500. Looks like it passed the test. Sweet.

I do wish I could read the sight though. Kind of seems a little propagandish that the only firearms that had catastrophic failure were American made firearms.

I wonder if the point was to demonstrate how high quality french firearms were made so that they could withstand the impact of being dropped. Guaranteed to still function so that when U.S. Gi's advanced and ran out of ammo they could pick them up and keep fighting.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    ......I wonder if the point was to demonstrate how high quality french firearms were made so that they could withstand the impact of being dropped. Guaranteed to still function so that when U.S. Gi's advanced and ran out of ammo they could pick them up and keep fighting.

ooooooooh i feel the clamp of an official lock down coming,but had to say that was funny, of course we want our troops to feel sure and confident in the weapons they will ultimately be using .

LOL LOL

elance

sprecken se deutch
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

Kungarike av Sverige inte Tyskland

Just like with American cars, there are more option out there when you want high quality.
    Dont get me wrong, many US gun manufactures make very high quality product. We all know this.

But in my opinion, America gets comfortable when they find something that works. But 20-30 years down the road, they are still using that technology and other countries have found thins that work too, but work better.

You have to ask yourself why most American Police Forces use European made sidearms. Glock, Sig and H&K seem to be the most widely used sidearm in the USA.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I have seen an Inglis made HiPower with a swollen barrel from firing through a squib load.

Se filmer från sprängtesterna
    Här kan du själv se hur de olika älgstudsarna klarade sprängtestet. Förloppet filmades med en höghastighetskamera ( 4000 bilder per sekund) för att kunna bedöma splitter och sprängverkan. Sex av vapnen klarade testet med endast en mindre buckla, medan två av vapnen exploderade och splitter från både stock och pipa spreds. Risken att skytten skadas allvarligt om pipan sprängs står klar. Klicka på play-knapparna nedan för att se en filmsekvens från varje sprängtest.

Translation:
    See movies from the Explosion tests.

Here you can view how the different Rifles faired in the Explosion tests. The events were filmed with a high-speed camera (4000 frames per second) Six of the weapons passed the test with only a minor dent, while two of the weapons exploded and fragments from both Barrel and grip were ejected. The risk of injury to the shooter should the barrel explode is clear.

(the actual verbatim translation of large caliber rifles in swedish is (moosebouncer)... Gotta love the language!!!

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    the browning a-bolt is presumably made in Japan.
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

If these guys want to really test a rifle then they should load a case full of compressed 2400 and a heavy bullet. Bet those European guns would not fare nearly as well.

Links