Worst Gun You've Had?

Worst Gun You've Had?

This is a discussion on Worst Gun You've Had? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I was out and about and got to thinking of the guns I've had over the last few years, specifically the stinkers. So I ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Worst Gun You've Had?

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar

Worst Gun You've Had?

So I was out and about and got to thinking of the guns I've had over the last few years, specifically the stinkers. So I thought I'd see what experiences you all have had as far as "why did I buy this?". My worst purchase ever was a SCCY CPX-2. It had a horribly long and heavy trigger on it, which I could work around. What I couldn't work around, however, were magazine release springs that continuously fell out and never ending failures to feed and eject. I'm very happy they had a no questions asked and lifetime warranty, because I used it 3 times before I quit.They gave me new magazines, I had it sent in for repair, you name it I did it. Finally I just junked the dang thing.

So, how about you all?

Db380 pins walked out would not fired HP ammo
    Beretta 21 would jam on anything even HV stuff

Vp70z cool gun bad trigger
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Ruger SR9 thing was a jamomatic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

*shudder* Diamondback.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonB77 View Post
    Ruger SR9 thing was a jamomatic

That actually surprises me. I never see anything but praise for that series.
    HoustonB77 and wizard7mm08 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    That actually surprises me. I never see anything but praise for that series.
    I know that's why I bought it. Don't think I ever got through a entire mag without a jam. I don't hold it against ruger but the pistol I got must have been maid at 4:45 Friday afternoon on labor day weekend.

Doogie and gen3 like this.

SCCY CPX-2 Jammed consistently even after it was sent back

I know that's why I bought it. Don't think I ever got through a entire mag without a jam. I don't hold it against ruger but the pistol I got must have been maid at 4:45 Friday afternoon on labor day weekend.

I had an SR1911 that was probably made at 4:50 that same afternoon. But it still couldn't top that CPX.
    HoustonB77 likes this.

VIP Member
    I've had pretty good luck with guns, never had a total lemon that wouldn't work at all. I've even had five Taurus 85s and all of them ran just fine. But I suppose the guns that were the worst were my Ruger Mini-14 and a my Glock 22 (Gen 1).
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

i was beginning to think the same thing after purchasing a Ruger 9E, it was the pistol that taught me all of the sayings people use to describe malfunctions. i thought to myself its just a fluke, I'm doing something wrong, well it continued after doing all the things people recommend so i sent it back to Ruger. In two weeks i had a perfectly functioning weapon, they replaced the slide then did something i believe would solve more than a few issues "They Polished The Feed Ramp" If your thinking about doing this to your weapon i strongly suggest that you either send it to the manufacturer or a decent gunsmith that knows the ropes.

You don't want to do an Oops' to your weapon.
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

AMT 1911, worst waste I have ever seen of stainless steel, I don’t remember what I traded it for but even if I lost money on the trade I got the best end of the deal.
    QKShooter and OD* like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    Hóka-héy! Crazy Horse

Quote Originally Posted by searx View Post
    i was beginning to think the same thing after purchasing a Ruger 9E, it was the pistol that taught me all of the sayings people use to describe malfunctions. i thought to myself its just a fluke, I'm doing something wrong, well it continued after doing all the things people recommend so i sent it back to Ruger. In two weeks i had a perfectly functioning weapon, they replaced the slide then did something i believe would solve more than a few issues "They Polished The Feed Ramp" If your thinking about doing this to your weapon i strongly suggest that you either send it to the manufacturer or a decent gunsmith that knows the ropes.

You don't want to do an Oops' to your weapon.
    Oh God, the "just 5 minutes with a dremel" people on the internet. There are lots of people who can do wonders out there, but the rest of them think that a dremel makes them a gunsmith.
    msgt/ret, .XX and OD* like this.

Distinguished Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Although Ive traded and sold a few guns that I just got tired of, or whatever other reason, I really cant say Ive ever bought a bad gun. I would say the biggest purchase was selling an M&P15 so I could buy an Arsenal AK. It took very little time before I sold the AK and bought another AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    Oh God, the "just 5 minutes with a dremel" people on the internet. There are lots of people who can do wonders out there, but the rest of them think that a dremel makes them a gunsmith.
    I love the "my gun feeds great but I want it to feed better" crowd.
    Phaedrus and OD* like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The only thing you can have too much of is liberals.

PJH
    My worst gun was a surplus Browning Hi Power that had a disturbing tendency to go full auto.
    msgt/ret and Phaedrus like this.

I can't name a "worst" gun that I have had as I've never had one that completely failed me. One gun I never had much affection for was a Ruger P89. The gun had the ergonomics of a 2x4 and the aesthetics to go with it. It wasn't that the gun was unreliable. It functioned with reliability but I couldn't warm up to the thing and when I got a chance to trade it off I did just that without regret.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links