Defensive Carry banner

Gun Bazaar In Pakistan

2K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  manal18 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Shucks - 1,000 guns a day?!! :eek: Even prices seemed cheap!

Presenter guy obviously not too savy - sweeping the cameraman a few times!

#3 ·
stuff like this reminds me how incredibly nieve it is to think you can ever eliminate firearms from the world. It is literally impossible.

#4 ·
Lots of sons and lots of guns...great flick!

If you've ever wondered about why it's so difficult to fight these 'cave people'...
If you've ever wondered how these 'back country, old fashioned (three centuries ago), barefoot, no teeth, simple people could ever fight the Russians and all of their modern equipment...

Watch this short film...very enlightening!

#6 ·
stuff like this reminds me how incredibly nieve it is to think you can ever eliminate firearms from the world. It is literally impossible.

Shhhsshhh...
The Brady Bunch dosent think so...they think that passing a law will instantly guarantee the demise of all guns...

Something else to ponder...
Unless something has changed recently it is entirely LEGAL to do what they are doing in Pakistan. Just because it isnt legal here dosent make it illegal there.

#8 ·
OK, so these guys are making exact copies of WWII Lugers and Norinco plastic guns with a bench grinder? Yeah Right!
It is a Gun Bazaar where some guns are made, others repaired and lots are brought in traded.

#13 ·
Yep, and I didn't notice anyone checking their guns at the door either! Did I miss the part about calling in for a background check?:rofl:

#11 ·
When I went to the Middle East back in 79 and 80 courtesy of Uncle Sam, I saw every kind of gun one could imagine. Many were true collector items that would cost a fortune here in the States and they were being used everyday. Many of them were battle rifles from WW1 and WW2 that had been handed down from generation to generation, and they were weapons from every country that you can imagine.

Lots of Lugers, Colt .45's and clones, Webleys,P-38's, Nagants, and every kind of submachine gun made...in everyday use. Pretty much all of the guns running were older than their shooters were and some of the parts to keep them running ranged from crude to very well made.

I was lucky enough to actually visit a couple of home owned shops that specialized in gun repair and the tools they used were primitive even then. I remember seeing some drill presses that were operated by hand crank and some lathes that were operated by a foot treadle.

Lots of the machines didn't even require power, most had some sort of pulley arrangement that was operated by man or beast.

Even so, I was amazed at the quality of some of these "handmade "guns and the craftsmanship that was in them. Some of them were so good that even an expert arms collector would be hard pressed to tell the difference between a real specimen and a clone because even some of the armorers markings and factory ID's were duplicated to the point that if you didn't have the real thing to compare it to right beside it, you just couldn't tell the difference.

These folks even had some heat treat operations that while being simple were actually pretty effective.

Their guns were every bit as lethal as ours, and any gun that was more than a few years old had an excellent chance of being "blooded" due to the constant numbers of battles that are always happening in that part of the world.

That video brought back some old memories.

#12 ·
See;

Them Pakistanis ain't such bad folks after all.......

#14 ·
road trip any one:image035:

#15 ·
Interesting! Would be a crazy place to vacation!

#16 ·
$180 for a full-auto Kalishnakov?! I'll take three.

Alot of sons and alot of guns sounds like a great life to me.

#17 ·
:35:Now thats my kind of shopping!

#19 ·
viewing that video brought up a few thoughts.
1. everybody must be very polite in that area.
2. "illegal guns?" it didn't look illegal to the locals. in fact, it is the norm in that area.
3. I wonder what the crime stats in that area. the return fire to the criminal must be tremendous that their version of the 7-11 stick up must be nil.
4. I need to go there and buy ammo in bulk. it is getting to be too expensive here in the states.
5. offer the "Brady bunch" a free trip to the tribal areas.

just a few thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.