Glock 19 Vs. Glock 19C ???

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Vs. Glock 19C ??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have shot the 21C in low light. I don't find the flash to be particularly blinding. It seems to me that with most loads ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19 Vs. Glock 19C ???

19C

I have shot the 21C in low light. I don't find the flash to be particularly blinding. It seems to me that with most loads the fireball lights above the sights and isn't too bad vision-wise. Think a fireball shaped like a mushroom cloud, the worst part is at the top of the blast. Some cheap ammo is brighter than the good JHP. I do not fire it from a retention position. It gets dirty much faster than the plain version. I notice very little recoil change in the .45. One local PD allows the 22C as an optional issue and only one officer carries it. If it was me, I'd shoot it first as a rental.

2. Remove Ads

I carried a Glock 22C for work for many years. I had ZERO problems with the flash from shooting it at night. With a .40 caliber gun I would reccomend a ported gun like the 22C BUT I would also suggest that you check out or call your ammo manufacturer. For awhile in the 90's some ammo makers were making two types of ammo. They had standard ammo and they also made some "low flash ammo." I don't know if they still do that but my gun ran good on the low flash ammo from around those days and when you shot it at night, there was no flash to blind you at all. What's nice is that you get to launch a .40 caliber bullet downrange without the recoil that most .40 cals give a person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links