I know I was asking for it...(more Jodie Foster) - Page 2

I know I was asking for it...(more Jodie Foster)

This is a discussion on I know I was asking for it...(more Jodie Foster) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by vinnie It gives you the feeling that, hey-I don't have to wait in this line, and I might pull it out then". ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    It gives you the feeling that, hey-I don't have to wait in this line, and I might pull it out then".
    Hold on.

You mean we AREN'T allowed to do that kind of thing?

Next thing you are going to tell me is that a handgun isn't a traffic signaling device!

hey jodi, guess what, we don't have to wait in lines either. But we do,

grow up. We have all been in a terribly slow line at one time or

another, and we all wanted it to be over. With or without a gun we

could have butted the line but we don't because that is what it takes

to get along in society. not that you would know. also, having a gun

on my hip has gotten me out of more trouble than i will ever know.

Why? because I have avoided confrontations that i otherwise would

have stood up and made a mess of. when someone does something

really stupid and you just want to smack some sense into them but

you cant because you have a greater sense of responsibility that

rides on your hip and reminds you to keep your cool.
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

A buddy of mine cancelled his subscription to Premiere magazine because of her. You know, most of these people ARE good actors. I just have no desire to pay to watch any of them after they say stuff like this.
    Anyway, I don't think Ms. Foster has ever held a big, strong, real gun...Umm, firearm. I don't think she swings that way...Uh, you know...with her being anti-gun and all. That's all I'm saying. Hope I don't get called on the carpet about this!

Lead Moderator
    Well to play devils advocate...... Thanks to Mr. Hinkley, guns have NOT been a pleasant part of her life. Not that it makes her statement correct.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member
    The sad part is that you just can't get work in Hollywood if you are conservative. So why are we surprised when we here that silliness coming from the TV?

With Jody Foster...how could she be so ignorant?but she is... Just another actor, with lots of money and no brains Well, I'm not buying it. You'll not get your hands on my, and you can just...
    Let me put it this way!:hand7:
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    ...no script, no prescription, no director telling them how their day is going to go and what is going to happen to them and just how they are going to respond...
    Perhaps Jodie Foster has been following a script and director so long that she's lost any ability to think rationally. She just follows the 'hollywood' script. What she said seems to have had a humorous intent... I assume it provoked a laugh.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Boy, just the other day I was standing in line at McDonald's. It was a long line and I was really hungry so naturally I pulled out my gun and just slipped to the front. I'm really glad I got that permit, it really comes in handy. I just need to figure out how to cut through traffic now.

I was planning on seeing that movie, but now my plans have changed. I hate nothing more than an actor that makes their living with a gun on film and then spouts off anti rhetoric when interviewed by the media.

Hope the movie and here career tanks.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    How, in the name of all that is holy, does she know what it feels like to carry a REAL gun?
    Maybe she just never got over her role as "Iris Steensma" in 'Taxi Driver' with Robert De Nero.

But that doesn't excuse ignorance.

Originally posted by Lima: Unless you are a cocky, inconsiderate, and dare I say, immature person, the experience is NOT emboldening, if anything, it's HUMBLING.
    As a group, actors and actresses are generally inconsiderate, immature and stupid. That does not however, keep them for thinking they are smarter and better than all of us regular people they like to look down on.

I do not plan to see Ms. Fosters movie. I already knew she was an anti gun idiot.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I saw that as well. Ms. Foster prefaced her remarks by saying she wasn't taking a political position or advocating anything. She appeared to be "thinking" (I use the term loosely) out loud.

What was worse was Mr. Stewart's response. He said he had held a gun precisely once. Apparently, he was a bystander when a bar fight broke out. A gun fell out on the floor. Mr. Stewart picked it up and pointed it at the ceiling. According to him, he attempted to fire said weapon to get everybody's attention so they would stop the fight "just like in the movies". Fortunately, nothing happened when he pulled the trigger. (Can you say, "Safety"?)

He appeared extremely uncomfortable with the idea of weapons.

Disclaimer: I was in a hotel room, flipping through the channels when this came on. I am not a regular viewer of this show, so my observations are based on this single viewing.

Does anyone know the job requirements for being an actor? I beleive it amounts to having a pretty face and the ability or willingness to follow direction. With this in mind how can anyone give credence to anything they say? The only difference between actors and cartoon charactors is that the cartoon charactors do it right the first time. These people should have no opinon on any thing other then the marketing of their product. Having a pretty face just lets you get by with less actual knowledge of the real world. Their job is make beleive not thinking.
    Where all men think alike few men think at all

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    "I choose to carry a DEFENSIVE tool. People carry small folding knives, hunting knives, box cutters, and carpenters carry hammers. All these tools can very well be lethal. Yes, guns can be lethal at much greater distances"

I can throw my hammer pretty far!!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

I'm still kinda interested in seeing that film. I'm curious whether her character goes around seeking opportunities for vigilante justice, like in _Death Wish_, or just arms herself from a determination not to be a victim like her slain boyfriend was. I can't really tell from the trailers or the few pieces I've read about it; however, anyone responsibly armed, going about their business is unlikely to have one life or death encounter, let alone the series of them it seems her character has. I have no hope for anything positive of course, but if the issue is even ambiguous, that would be pretty amazing from a Hollywood product. It may be that Foster's comments on whatever show we're talking about were intended to make a distinction between her views and the movie, not to intimate its central theme. And, given how matter-of-fact the concept of a deadly encounter can be to some, I'm curious to see how effectively she portrays the event. She's a pretty good actress, despite her personal views.

I pay no attention to a Hollywierds. They live in a world of their own where standards and rules do not apply to them because the adoring fan base has set the tone. If this is what she thinks then I think she is unstable because she lives in a world of her own protected from reality. Think about it. Who in their right mind would mentally go there with that kind of thought process. I doubt even a bad guy would use his weapon to cut in line for a Big-Mac. Might cut in line to rob the place though.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links