Fuel for the next AWB....

This is a discussion on Fuel for the next AWB.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ppkheat I didn't read the above article only scanned it to get the gist. However when these liberal anti-gun reporters write inaccurate, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel for the next AWB....

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I didn't read the above article only scanned it to get the gist. However when these liberal anti-gun reporters write inaccurate, emotionally distorted stories why don't WE write the media company he works for and lay out the facts for them as in feedback. If a BG pulls a weapon on us, we should be willing to defend ourselves, so if a reporter pulls some lies/bias/distortions on us we should be willing to defend ourselves as well. Remember the "pen is mightier than the sword", so sometimes we need to pick up that pen. If no one complains back to them, then they just keep doing it. Our letters might not fully change their personal agenda but to allow them to continue and write BS will only make their BS get worse in the future.

The best feedback is a "Letter to the Editor" so even the public can read another version, secondly just a letter to the owner or editor. They do look at these and it does make a difference. My sister worked in the media for years.......I could go on and on here about the media, but I've got to stop.

We ought to have a special thread here called "Media Feedback" where we could post slanted/inaccurate news stories and post a copy of our letter we sent to that particular reporter. We could even post our rough drafts here before we send them out. Our thread could have stickies that have the email addresses of the media along with their anti-gun reporters. Lot's of us writing them back would bombard them with the facts they've conveniently overlooked. It would be a good learning experience for us, PLUS it is a simple and inexpensive way of us neutralizing anti gun's media position. Some may say it won't do any good, but to do nothing is essentially giving in. What is the saying about "good men standing back and doing nothing"?
    I looked for a place to write a comment on the letter but was unable to find a link.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Translations:
    And when the guns, once found solely in the hands of soldiers,
    New technology (like plasma, global positioning, and internet) is often developed and used by the military before it gains a civilian market.
    "It's almost like we have water pistols going up against these high-powered rifles," said John Rivera, president of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association. "Our weaponry and our bulletproof vests don't match up to any of those types of weapons."
    "Our agency is using obsolete equipment, and we don't want to upgrade"
    Federal officials don't compile statistics on the number of crimes involving assault weapons like the AK-47, and municipalities' numbers across the country are patchwork.
    Only a few municipalities are wasting tax dollars collecting meaningless data
    "We've noticed an increase in the amount of assault weapons that we've seen on the street, and certainly the amount that have been used in murders and other shootings," said Detective Delrish Moss. "And it seems to be increasing every year."
    Criminals are investing in modern equipment.
    The guns are readily available on streets, Baixauli said, or can be ordered by mail for under $200.
    The federal agency charged with enforcing firearm law does not understand firearm law nor do they keep up with the firearm market.
    "These bullets are very powerful: they go through walls, they go through cars, and if you just spray the general vicinity you're going to get innocent bystanders," Acosta said. "A shooting that might have been an injury previously is now a death."
    U.S. Attorney R. Alexander Acosta knows nothing about firearms but pretends to anyway.
    More U.S. police officers were killed while on duty in the first six months of 2007 - 101 - than during any such period since 1978, according to the organization.
    There are more police in the U.S. now than in 1978 or; police officers in 2007 do not drive as safely as they did in 1978 or; there is an average of 10 puppies at your local pound at any given time (i.e. this statistic doesn't seem related to the article in any way)
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BushidoMarine View Post
    "Facts? FACTS?!? We don't have to show you no stinkin' FACTS!!!?!!
    Something like this?

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Something like this?

Now that's just beautiful right there, I don't care who ya are...
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Administrator
    While the article is full of garbage, truth be told, the number of shootings with carbines and rifles are on the rise. We have had two in the metro area that I live in the last week. We all know that a ban isnt going to solve anything. I sure do wish people could be banned.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I didn't read the above article only scanned it to get the gist. However when these liberal anti-gun reporters write inaccurate, emotionally distorted stories why don't WE write the media company he works for and lay out the facts for them as in feedback. If a BG pulls a weapon on us, we should be willing to defend ourselves, so if a reporter pulls some lies/bias/distortions on us we should be willing to defend ourselves as well. Remember the "pen is mightier than the sword", so sometimes we need to pick up that pen. If no one complains back to them, then they just keep doing it. Our letters might not fully change their personal agenda but to allow them to continue and write BS will only make their BS get worse in the future.

The best feedback is a "Letter to the Editor" so even the public can read another version, secondly just a letter to the owner or editor. They do look at these and it does make a difference. My sister worked in the media for years.......I could go on and on here about the media, but I've got to stop.

We ought to have a special thread here called "Media Feedback" where we could post slanted/inaccurate news stories and post a copy of our letter we sent to that particular reporter. We could even post our rough drafts here before we send them out. Our thread could have stickies that have the email addresses of the media along with their anti-gun reporters. Lot's of us writing them back would bombard them with the facts they've conveniently overlooked. It would be a good learning experience for us, PLUS it is a simple and inexpensive way of us neutralizing anti gun's media position. Some may say it won't do any good, but to do nothing is essentially giving in. What is the saying about "good men standing back and doing nothing"?
    I have written many times to papers about inaccurate stories. I have only gotten one response back over the years and it was pretty much "Thank you for your comments and concerns."

They will print what they want because the pro-gunners are not the majority. If we were the majority, but not vocal about it then the anti's would still get their way.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

VIP Member
    Just do a google search for the writer's name (matt sedensky) or whatever his name is. I think he's an AP writer, or just write to AP and complain. Really I don't care whether they write me back or not, I know they got my letter, and they know I'm watching them.

We ought to have a topic area here that is "media", we can post BS letters, give them an A-F grade based on their accuracy. We could post "our" letters that we write to them and their responses, if they respond. I think it would be a great pro-gun approach that doesn't use a lot of time/money.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    My question is does anybody have a problem with a allowing cops to serve and protect with AR platforms strung across their chests? I mean if an officer wants to strap a 16 inch M4 across his chest to enforce the law I don't understand why thats a bad thing. Give them Aimpoints, or Eo-techs, or something Paralax free and go at it.

Most of us on in the gun world all agree that a pistol is not an offensive tool, but rather a defensive tool and that if your going to a gun fight bring a shotgun or rifle. I say even it out. Let these carry M4's or Scatterguns regularly. Let an officer have 30 chances to pull the trigger and win a gun fight rather then maybe 17 if hes lucky!! And give him something with better terminal ballistics ie RIFLE.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links