Best outrageous claims of bullet/gun capabilities? - Page 3

Best outrageous claims of bullet/gun capabilities?

This is a discussion on Best outrageous claims of bullet/gun capabilities? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 4my son I read in one anti article that the 7mm magnum would obliterate an Elk. I guess the 30.06 that I ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best outrageous claims of bullet/gun capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    I read in one anti article that the 7mm magnum would obliterate an Elk.

I guess the 30.06 that I used was severly underpowered, I still had to dress him out. Maybe I'll switch over to the 7mm so I can just pick up the pieces already to go.
    I've heard from customers who say they have shot elk with a 7mm Mag at ranges of 750 to 900 yards -- and it blew the elk off its feet!
    Incredible. I guess if you shot one up close, it would be completely vaporized.....

Anybody remember the scene in the James Bond movie, License To Kill, where the Bond girl takes her sawed off shottie and blasts a whole in a wall 8 feet away big enough for her and James to jump through? That's another good'n... :-)
    .40 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Griblik View Post
    Anybody remember the scene in the James Bond movie, License To Kill, where the Bond girl takes her sawed off shottie and blasts a whole in a wall 8 feet away big enough for her and James to jump through? That's another good'n... :-)
    Im thinking the movie Cobra with Stallone when the BG shoots the shopping cart with the shotgun and it flies 7 feet into the air straight up. LOL

The one that sticks in my mind was when Steve McGarett (Hawaii 5-O) knocked out the outboard motor on a speed boat going full out with a snub nose from easily 400 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by dls56 View Post
    The one that sticks in my mind was when Steve McGarett (Hawaii 5-O) knocked out the outboard motor on a speed boat going full out with a snub nose from easily 400 yards.
    Oh, so it's a myth just because you can't make the shot?

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Went into a gun store a couple months ago and there was a customer that had just ordered a pistol. As they were finishing up and the customer was about to leave the salesperson mentioned the FN 57 pistol. He told the customer that it would penetrate three vests. Then he tells the customer that it looked like Congress was fixing to pass a law to ban the pistol. The customer changed his pistol order to a FN 57 on the spot.
    In describing the vest penetration he didn't distinguish between levels 1,11A,11or 111A and the customer didn't ask. He didn't mention that there is a 'SS192" and also a "SS196" bullet.
    According to FNH USA the SS196 will not penetrate the level 11 vest and the SS192 will not penetrate the level 111A vest. SS192 is no longer imported for the US for commercial purposes.
    I heard this one just yesterday. Except in this one, it was the local PD came in, bought it, and immediately did tests on their own vests with off the shelf "blue tipped" rounds and discovered that it "punched right through". Now they are pressuring everyone to outlaw them. Of course when I asked what vests they were using for this test, no one apparently knew. Just the tone that was used during the whole encounter seemed to be toward making it out to be a sinister gun (in order to make it more desirable) and therefore the "evidence" had to support it.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

"Seung-Hui Cho used a high-capacity assault weapon to kill 32 people at Virginia Tech last April." ~Miami Herald
    Support Maryland Shall Issue
    http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

Maryland Shooters,
    Visit http://www.mdshooters.com/

BAC
    I'm torn between the gun-shop mention that a Glock will discharge given the slightest bump or the myths of "knockdown power" and "hydrostatic shock". Hm.

-B

A guy told me of an incident where a single shot from a .45 ACP picked up a 260 pound man, threw him 10 feet across a room where he slid down the wall, already dead.

After I stopped laughing I invited him to the grocery store and to the range. I told him we were going to buy a 5 pound sack of flour and see if he could put it over the berm for me on the first shot.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

A gentleman informed me that if you were to shoot someone several times with a .22 LR, all it would do is p--- them off.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Velocette View Post
    A gentleman informed me that if you were to shoot someone several times with a .22 LR, all it would do is p--- them off.

Roger
    HAHAHA Yea there is a guy here in town that told me that one. LOL That and the .38 bird shot doesnt even break skin. LOL

Exclamation Book 'em Danno !

Quote Originally Posted by dls56 View Post
    U.S. Army Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    "it'll blow a hole in a man big enough to toss a cat through"
    describing the .45 ACP.
    Hahahaha...That is a great one
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

'When I buy this SIG, I won't want to buy another gun again....'

I had the weirdest dream last night...in it, one of my friends told me that if you put a soda bottle on the end of a 12 gauge, it turns into an AK. I laughed so hard that I woke up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links