Best outrageous claims of bullet/gun capabilities?

This is a discussion on Best outrageous claims of bullet/gun capabilities? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OPFOR Chuck fires two rounds from his M203 in about 0.25 seconds. Good stuff, to be sure. Yeah, but Chuck Norris CAN ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best outrageous claims of bullet/gun capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Chuck fires two rounds from his M203 in about 0.25 seconds. Good stuff, to be sure.
    Yeah, but Chuck Norris CAN do it. That's not BS. He can even slam a revolving door.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    Yeah, but Chuck Norris CAN do it. That's not BS. He can even slam a revolving door.
    Damn...ya beat me to it!

Sounds like somone forgot their Chuck Norris Facts:

- Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People!!
    - There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
    - Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
    - The chief export of Chuck Norris is Pain.
    - There is no chin under Chuck Norris' Beard. There is only another fist.
    - Chuck Norris has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.
    - The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer
    - Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.
    - Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting.... CHUCK NORRIS GOES KILLING
    - When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...
    I can't believe no one has mentioned how cutting a cross/X into the tip of a bullet or putting mercury in the tip of a hollow point (and sealing it) will make the bullets explode.

I read this BS in Stephen King's book "Cell":

"Beth Anderson's .45 was loaded with highly-illegal cop-killer bullets. Fraggers. No wonder the top of her head was gone.....[from a later chapter]...Then he explained the highly illegal nature of the ammunition Arnie Anderson had obtained for his wife's .45 fraggers. What had once been called dumdum bullets."

Sorry, Stevie-boy, the only dum-dum is you(!!) for not checking your facts aand spouting your anti-gun bias. The state where the lead character aquires his "highly-illegal cop-killer bullets" is the People's Republik of Massachusetts, where hollowpoints are legal (as is the case in every state except for the PR of New Jersey). This kind of crap is why I quit reading his books years ago, I only jumped off the wagon this time cause I was dying for something in ENGLISH to read for a change... Oh, almost forgot to mention that the hero uses one of the"fraggers" to blow up a propane tanker truck, which of course result in a nice Hollywood explosion, instead of the slightly smaller than a half inch hole in the tank, as would happen in real life...
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Back in '78, we had a wild boar problem around our motor pool in Germany - I was chased about 100 yards by one while walking guard duty with my M16 and 10 rounds of 5.56. I didn't shoot the boar because one of my NCOs told me that, if I happened to hit it in the head, it would just bounce off the boar's thick skull, and make a very pissed-off wild boar even more pissed-off...
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

.22's are good for close range self-defense, because they bounce around inside and do more damage.

"I have a Desert Eagle--It's rated for 9mm, but it is so strong I shoot just about everything else in it"

Speaking of the .50BMG round and its' impressive power (of which I have no doubt): While I was a teenager in Germany in 1963, we had an Army chaplain who was complaining of upper right chest pain one day at church during a Pot Luck meal. My father, who was an Army medic, asked him if he needed help or possibly see a doctor. The Chaplain kindly told us that no assistance was necessary, as the pains were prone to coming on from time to time. Long story short; he had been in the infantry during the Korean war, and during an especially ferocious fight, he found himself toe-to-toe with the enemy, and accidentally got hit from behind by a .50BMG round fired by his own platoon leader! It went through and through his upper right chest, and it took him a long time to recover. He showed us kids and my father the wound from both sides. My Dad was a combat medic in WWII and Korea and had seen these kinds of wounds and believed the Chaplain. I remember this man and his ordeal when I hear these horror stories told about this round or that ones' capabilities. Kind of helps to put things in perspective. God bless: "Non Illigitimum Carborundum."

A .50 BMG round passing by you will knock you down with the shock wave.
    The Marshmallowist

VIP Member
    Rubbing your bullets with garlic is guaranteed to give the recipient blood poisoning.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links