Understanding The Mind Of The Rapist - Page 2

Understanding The Mind Of The Rapist

This is a discussion on Understanding The Mind Of The Rapist within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've thought about this for a while. While a rapist's description may include many items on list, the author's checklist also describes apathethic people, insecure ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Understanding The Mind Of The Rapist

VIP Member
    I've thought about this for a while.

While a rapist's description may include many items on list, the author's checklist also describes apathethic people, insecure people, righteous people, snobs, hot-tempered people and boors.

A rapist is a person who disregards NO, STOP and any number of signs the victim does not want or is not in a clear-headed state of mind (as in drunk) to accept intimate physical contact, and proceeds just the same. I left the gender of the aggressor out of the picture, since men are also victims of rape.
    Last edited by Betty; June 13th, 2005 at 04:14 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Administrator

Unhappy Please Read This

You know I am almost sorry that I even posted this thread.
    I think I'll stick to doing restoration work & leave the head shrinking to the pros.
    I thought there might have been some useful info. there for females...but, I sure am not passing judgment on anybody.
    That is not my intention.
    I came across it on the web & I said: "Hey...This might be useful stuff for women to read." & I copied & pasted it here.
    That's all I did.
    But, I am not going to continue to defend it because I sure didn't write it.
    I posted it & if anybody can find something useful in it then that's good & if not please just disregard it.
    You are correct that lots of other "person types" could fit that profile.
    I FOR SURE am not an expert in this field BUT, was only trying to understand it after that young female was abducted & raped/killed in Aruba.
    That was why I was searching the web trying to find out more about what type of person could do something like that.
    That is how this ended up posted here because I thought that was just so horrible. I wanted females to try to be cautious and careful.
    That is how I found the above profile but, I'll be the first to admit that I am way out of my league on this & it is in no way my area of expertise.
    THAT is how this post came to be here & that's the sole reason that I posted it.
    My intention was not to start picking out forum members that could be rapists. Not at all!!!
    I just want women to try be more careful so that they don't end up in a situation that they might not be able to get out of.
    I don't think that a woman should go out for a drink and end up as raped shark food a few hours later.
    PEACE FOLKS!

Peace brother, may the force be with you, may St Peter have a bottle of your favorite beverage when the time comes, and may the roof over your head be always strong and may you be in heaven half an
    hour before the devil knows youíre dead. Hereís to a fellow who smiles ...
    may your .45 never jam.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    I'm another one who fits all of the categories except drug use--that is, unless you consider Wellbutrin and albuteral as drugs. Then I hit the entire canasta. I consider those products 'meds,' and that's my point.

The list was compiled by people with an agenda, not the rapists themselves.

I'm a minority aspect of society; we define ourselves and we recognize each other.

I'm sure that there are numerous little old ladies who would seek to define us. Of course, this is done with the attributes that most aggrevate them, not entice us.

You will also notice that these elements also pertain to the natural male concept of assertiveness. Dog eat dog for the top dog. You'll also notice that most females do not like football, Nascar racing, WWF and The Three Stooges.

Now granted, and I say this as a person who is mentally ill, the rapist is just one poorly wired individual. He needs help. Or confinement. Or both.

However, the rapist probably uses tha same senses to stalk and corner a female as traditional males use to successfully hunt deer.

QK....don't you dare regret posting the thread...I think it was good to post an issue that doggonit, just won't ever be resolved anyway. It brought up points that somebody else has put together as a kind of "profile"...and that's okay....it makes all of us think about it, form opinions, and spit em out there. You know very well, that we all tend to "agree to disagree", and that's healthy, no matter what!
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

One Last Thought

QK, Here's what I meant when I said I figured I fit into 12 of the 13 categories
    1. I can be insensitive
    2. I can belittle people
    3. I can have a negating comment now and then
    4. I can use hostile language now and then (never in front of the ladies or at church mind you)
    5. As an older brother with two younger brothers I reckon I can be a bully
    6. I have an anger problem sometimes
    7. When I'm wronged I like to get back
    8. When I jump into something I go full board and possibly a little obsessive
    9. I used to get pretty bad mood swings (especially in sports)
    10. I do punch things when I get mad now and then
    11. I have a jock mentality and don't nessecary see where it's wrong
    12. I am a mean drunk which is why I don't get drunk among other reasons
    13. And finally I don't do drugs

Now QK, I appreciate you posting this list because it immediately made me think "How many do I fit into?" Although I guess I can see myself in almost all of those categories I don't think I have a problem because one I've either learned to control them, or two I think most of them are basic human nature. This leads into my theology which I won't bother you with. So when I get mad I can be insensitive, speak rude, or hit a wall. I'm not so proud of it and I'm not defending my behavior. Often times it is wrong. So that's where I come from, I appreciate your kind comments towards my character. I appreciate your post and that it was thought provoking. Please do not let this supposed disagreement discourage you from posting anymore. Well I guess that's a little more than my two cents but then again this is a forum right?

the content of that list could be twisted just a tiny bit and would demonize gunowners as 'potential mass murderers'. and we'd all scoff at that finding. what makes this one any more believable?

the sad reality is that most people are not mentally prepared to deal with predators of any sort. when one is raised in a sheltered environment as many today are, the thought that 'it could happen to me' is rarely considered.

yet some deride those that take all the extra precautions. a little over a year ago an elementary student was walking to a bus stop here in anchorage. (i posted a thread about it at another forum: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...ight=awareness )
    at 10 yrs of age this child was able to spot a potential threat, seems to already have that 'spidey-sense' of impending doom, and could recall enough information to give a description of the vehicle, and the two occupants.

those 'warning signs', obviously do not apply across the board. alaska is a state that has the highest rate of sex crimes per capita, but i would venture that the majority of those sexual predators perpetrating those crimes would not get half of QKshooters questions wrong. why? because most of the sexual crimes committed in alaska are against intoxicated women, that don't remember enough about the incident when they sober up, and often they dont even report it.
    theres actually an unusual psychological explanation i've come up with to explain it: alaskan native women dont adapt well when they move from the villages to the cities, and expect that everyone is as good-natured wherever they are. so they ask for rides, or help in some way, and the sexual predators prey upon that.

but i digress i've gotten off topic, and i still have another half hour of work to finish up.

Good post actually, puts a new light on where you are located may say how the bad guys operate, thanks for the info.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Administrator

Good Posts

I am very happy that this thread ended up in a much better light.
    If this thread were posted on any other forum it would likely be a total disaster.
    That sure says quite a bit about this particular place & all the people that are here.
    I have absolutely no idea how much of what this guy says is based in proven fact or how much of it is his own personal concoction. I honestly just don't know.
    Heck, I'm not female & I don't have kids & I don't hunt down women so...I'm really a total "fish out of water" on this.
    HOPEFULLY, if all that is gained from this is that some parents have an intentional "special sit down" with their kids or Grand Kids before they go off to school or begin traveling to places unknown...that will be a very good thing.

There was a story of a family ~ very first time off of the family farm ~ Father/Husband stayed home to work & his wife & kids went to Florida for their dream Mickey Mouse vacation.
    They never came back to the farm & their ordeal was so horrible that I'll absolutely not get into it.
    But, I never forgot that story & the sickening tale that is about to further unfold of this poor girl that went to celebrate her graduation in Aruba struck the exact same nerve in me. I don't like it very much when that nerve gets hit.

Quote Originally Posted by RidemCowboy
    Although I guess I can see myself in almost all of those categories I don't think I have a problem because one I've either learned to control them, or two I think most of them are basic human nature. This leads into my theology which I won't bother you with. So when I get mad I can be insensitive, speak rude, or hit a wall. I'm not so proud of it and I'm not defending my behavior. Often times it is wrong.
    Don't confuse being "hard", with being "mean". "for all have fallen and come short of the Glory of God..." Amen. Also bear in mind, God uses hard men to His purposes (Abraham, Joshua, Jeremiah, Samson, Moses, etc.. No choir boys there.). The defining difference, to me, has always been, "Is this individual using their power/authority/force to improve things, or for their own gain?" Good post.

Absolutely correct

While I see things in my character that I wish were different, I'm not at all afraid or ashamed to stand my ground. I will not be taken advantage of, nor do I feel it's my job to back down if I'm in the right. I completely agree that the motives behind our behavior often times can make the same behavior for you and me be wrong for me and right for you.

sm
    Posting was a good idea.

+1 on Betty's reply.

Now if one wants an eye opener - if you have not - attend / be a juror on a Rape Trial. As Betty alluded in her post Rape is NOT gende spcific or preference.

Trial experience will open your eyes - no matter which gender or sexualpreference one has. Definitions of "Attempted Sexual Assault", "Sexual Assault" , "Rape".

Everyone has personality defects of some kind - to some degree. That is why we are called Humans. Admitting and recognizing these defects and doing something about them in say the case of Alcohol Abuse is a good thing IMO.

We all have "impulses". Criminal minds ain't wired like normal humans.

So one of my takes is:

The decent law abiding citizen is less likely if ever to "act" on impulses.

Criminals - more likely to act out on impulses.

Where a human acts on a impulse - buys a item on impulse, frustrated with being sick and yells at the dog, ...whatever. A Human feels guilt, remorse and apologizes.

Criminal acts on / carries thru a impulse - sets them off. Disease of the mind using the mentaland Physical to carry it out, increases the level of / need to reach that "control high" again and behavior escalates.

Sexual crimes for example are like many others. The first high one gets from Cocaine is the "best". The addicts continues to seek that level of the first high' - until they die [ See the Michigan Monkey Studies].

Sex Crimes often mirror this cocaine dependency / need for a high. " Get that high or Die" - gotta satisfy behavior.

Take a teenager to a Rape trial [if can] - makes no matter what gender, they will drop jaw and be educated.
    Use Enough Gun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links