Ultrasonic Cleaners????

Ultrasonic Cleaners????

This is a discussion on Ultrasonic Cleaners???? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone have experience with these? Do they work? To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I ...

Thread: Ultrasonic Cleaners????

Ultrasonic Cleaners????

Does anyone have experience with these? Do they work?

To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want ‘em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot ‘em. -Ted Nugent

Administrator
    They work OK, provided the solution is clean and the machine is kept up. They are not a replacement for a old fashioned cleaning, but they do help.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Being able to parrot information is not the same as understanding the information- SIXTO, 2007

Thanks, Kudos on the quote.

They actually work very well but as said you must change solution often and unless you are a gunsmith or armorer it is hard to justify the cost.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

hmm. didnt even know they exist. we have an ultrasonic cleaner in our microscopy/polishing lab at school. maybe i will bring some solutions and the top half of my gun (since i cant bring all of it onto campus).
    ..or ill just stick to the good old fashion toothbrush..

Ultrasonic cleaners DO work, and work very well! I've only used them when conducting a 'mass' cleaning......after military qualification gun shoots, military weapons training, etc.(we're talking LOTS of dirty firearms here).
    For just takin' care of business after a day at the range by yourself, or with friends, a good old-fashiond hand cleaning with lots of TLC is as good as any ultrasonic cleaner can do for ya.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

The shop i work iin part time has one. Every so often I'll take a pistol in there and give it a nice thorough bath.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    They do work , and if you can in fact justify about $50.00 an hour for the time you save not scrubbing guns they are a good option. For myself guncleaning is a ritual comparable to what some folks do with " worry beads" or crossword puzzles . It is an activity i do both to side track my mind , and to entertain the redneck part while other parts consider solutions that so far have not presented themselves . What can i say I like guns for being guns , its amazing the precision and thought that goes into tossing a small lead weight for whatever distance into the area they do . Now dont think for a second i over clean my guns , in fact i most likely under clean them , but when i am wrestling with a delema dragging them all out and cleaning them often relaxes me enough to have a solution .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I to enjoy the "ritual" of gun cleaning, mind you it might be the fumes from the cleaners that make me so content......

Sponsored Links