firearms software

firearms software

This is a discussion on firearms software within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; does anyone use any kind of software for there firearms ? if so what ? am looking for something that keeps track of my shots ...

firearms software

does anyone use any kind of software for there firearms ? if so what ? am looking for something that keeps track of my shots fired ,maintance,date purchased ,,stuff like that ,,

Excel spreadsheet

Excel is the Microsoft spreadsheet application that is part of the Microsoft "Office" package of software. I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep a list of the guns I own, together with information on serial numbers, dates, descriptions, prices paid and other items of interest. When I get a new gun I add it to the spreadsheet. I keep a couple of copies of this, which I call "Gun Inventory" in separate places so that I don't lose it.

Excell

I use Excell, and also have pictures with serial #s and some basic info on disks for backup or in case of theft, etc.

VIP Member
    I use Gun Safe. It has most of the features that I want and is well organized.

Gun Safe
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    I use excel as well to keep an accurate inventory. I also use it to keep track of what my rifles are doing with a given load or what ever factors I want to track it with. The idea is I will know exactly how my rifle will shoot any given day, no matter the conditions.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The Thread Label scared me.....I thought MS was starting to sell guns!

I use MS Excel (on my Apple he he he).......

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I've been working off and on with Access for something that would keep track of your guns, how much they are fired, your performance at the range, performance of different ammo (including hand loads and load specifications), and gun maintenance. I'll let everyone know when it's finished (in about 3 years at the current rate).

I use MS office at home because I got it for S+H (under $25 for 2003 pro) through Microsoft's home use program. For those not in the Army who don't want to spend hundreds of dollars, Open Office is a great alternative.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    The GunSafe program looks good for inventory records. I just downloaded it and think I'll give it a try. For shot records, I just use Excel (also home use program).

Unless you need the advanced features, the database in Works which comes with Windows should be sufficient.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I also use Gun Safe for my ownership records. I also have a spreadsheet that I use to tally rounds fired for each of my weapons. It is in Excel, but I would also recommend OpenOffice for those who don't want to spend the money, or just don't like MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    I've been working off and on with Access for something that would keep track of your guns, how much they are fired, your performance at the range, performance of different ammo (including hand loads and load specifications), and gun maintenance. I'll let everyone know when it's finished (in about 3 years at the current rate).

I use MS office at home because I got it for S+H (under $25 for 2003 pro) through Microsoft's home use program. For those not in the Army who don't want to spend hundreds of dollars, Open Office is a great alternative.

id be interested in your access work if its ever finished ,,lol

I've been using GunTracker for a few years and it has worked out very well. It isn't free like the GunSafe software, but it does have a built in database of firearms and values, though it is a little outdated. And, at least to this point, I've had no issues running it on a Vista OS computer.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links