Mech Tech legal status

Mech Tech legal status

This is a discussion on Mech Tech legal status within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was recently looking at the Mech Tech website and got to thinking (dangerous habit if I may say so). I've seen several citations that ...

Thread: Mech Tech legal status

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar

Mech Tech legal status

I was recently looking at the Mech Tech website and got to thinking (dangerous habit if I may say so).

I've seen several citations that it is in some way illegal to turn a rifle into a pistol. Is this true, and what are the provisions of this law?

The Mech Tech product turns a pistol into a rifle; I've never heard anyone say this was illegal.

What happens if after you've turned your pistol into a rifle, you want it to be a pistol again?

I'm probably just over-thinking because the federal government and ATF would never create senseless and confusing laws </sarcasm>.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

No issues. As long as it has 1) a barrel of at least 16", and 2)an OAL of at least 26", it will not be a Short Barrelled Rifle (SBR).

You can't slap a stock on a Glock or 1911 (without the SBR tag)because of #s 1 & 2.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    A pistol cannot be a rifle , and a rifle cannot be a pistol , and a machine gun cannot be a sporting rifle . Its all about werid atf rules and what the reciever was origionaly built for. As a short note dont put a front grip on a pistol , and dont put less than a 16" barrel on a rifle , or less than 18" barrel on a shotty . If you do any of the above you are a felon . Look at the current crop of ar and ak " pistols " they are all clearly marked something to the effect of " Pistol only " in plain english if assembled as a pistol . You cannot take that lower and make a rifle out of it , nor can you take a rifle lower and make a pistol . You cannot put a common vertical foregrip on your ar pistol without either getting prior approval or being a felon . Its weird stuff , the gun laws , and there are no shortcuts , research , research , research . some states i cannot even send mag's for i have no use for to , but if i break them down i can send all the components as " replacements ' legally . I just stay away from all that crap , i love my fals and ars but anyone in any state with restrictions cannot buy guns or parts from me . I just wont take the responsibility to know everyones state law so my high cap , ect is ftf sales and trades .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links