Defensive Carry banner

CBS News Assault Weapons "Report"

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  ronwill 
#1 ·
#2 ·
And here we go again showing a fully autos as available weapons to anybody in the street

#4 ·
Didn't they show a couple SKS's on the table and say "these are just like an AK47"?

I too thought the 600rpm statement, although factual, was misleading to the general public.

Hey, it's the news. What more did you expect?

#5 ·
Hey, it's the news. What more did you expect?
At one point (years past), I thought mere honor and integrity would drive out stupidity and arrogance from the entire industry. Plagiarism, slant and bias, outright lies, deception, cover-up. Instead, the all-mighty advertising dollar has warped the hearts and minds so completely that "truth" and "news" cannot be uttered in the same breath without breaking out in laughter. What integrity once existed has long since vanished from all but the most-stalwart rags. Get back to basics ... light a fire this week, with your newspaper (or video of a network news show).

#6 ·
misleading to the general public.
There we have it - par for the course ....... pump up the hype and to heck with accuracy. Whether TV or printed media - it's all about sensationalism, and selling copy or air time.

I just wish those who wrote stuff would research properly and apply fact instead of twisted information. Guess it ain't gonna happen. :frown:

#7 ·
The members of the media had a conniption when the "assault weapon ban" expired. They won't stop beating the drums until either it is reinstated or the Supreme Court tells them, in so many words, to shut up. (Even then, they might not be able to control themselves. :rolleyes:)

#8 ·
I have learned that "facts" have never got in the way of the "News" reporting the "Truth"

That is one reason I get most of my news from NPR they may have a libearl slant but they at least use facts (well most of the time, were as TV news uses facts every now and then by accident).

#9 ·
I want to know 2 things:

1) If those indeed were "automatic" weapons as defined by the ATF, where were the required federal tax stamp cards required to carried with class 3 weapons? I have an Uncle who posesses severasl class 3weapons, and they all have this documentation without exception.

2) If the weapons are not "automatic" as they claim, then where is the NRA and GOA? They should be all over this.

3) And if the guys on the broadcast had "automatic weapons" and were on the show with illegal guns, where is the ATF? They should be kicking down doors to find out where these guys are.

Just some thoughts.....

#11 ·
Can you say aiding and abetting, since I sincerely doubt they had a class 3 license they are in violation of federal law, and so is she for not turning them in, so any crime they may commit in the future she is by law as guilty as they are.

#12 ·
I sent CBS a nasty (but eloquent) message through the NRA ILA website. Besides giving them the facts about the nonsense of their report, I also told them that this is a perfect example of why I no longer watch any of their newscasts and that I was referred to this piece through the internet.

#13 ·
Now I finally understand what the initials mean..it has been right in front of our faces the whole time, folks! Tune in to CBS affiliates if you want to C (see) BS News!!! :hand5: :rolleyes:

#15 ·
Dang it, where's Miggy's "Stinkin' Facts" picture?!

We really need to counter this blatent nonsense. I have a very very hard time believing that true select-fire assault rifles are flooding the streets for $200 each, especially ones that have been illegal to import since 1968.

#19 ·
This may be a crazy idea, but if it works it's not crazy. Maybe we could get John Stossel over at ABC to run a report on it. He has done a good firearms report this year. He might get a kick our of skewering CBS in prime time. Anyone who wrote a book called Myths, Lies and Downright Stupidity: Get Out The Shovel-Why Everything You Know Is Wrong and uses this for a description: "John Stossel Digs Up the Truth Often Buried by the Press" would probably start salivating at the opportunity to jump all over this story.

Terry, you could go to his ABC page and leave a comment. Who knows he might actually read them.

#22 ·
You know, that's not a bad idea.

#23 ·
Poor understanding by the media of "Select Fire" weapons and the desire to sensationalize the story leads to the use of AK-47 as the evil weapon of the day. Yes some of the weapons on the table were SKS's but that doesn't sound as dramatic, thanks to the continued referal to combat. I wish I could say education would change this, but anti's learn only what they want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.