Help With Glock Customer Service - Page 2

Help With Glock Customer Service

This is a discussion on Help With Glock Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are a number of Glock-certified armorers in Texas. I don't remember how to look them up, but you can make a few phone calls ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Help With Glock Customer Service

There are a number of Glock-certified armorers in Texas. I don't remember how to look them up, but you can make a few phone calls and locate one. Much easier and faster than sending it to Glock. Assuming as you say, the gun is nearly new, there won't be a charge.

You said Winchester "performance grade" ammunition. Does that mean 230gr FMJ in the white box? If that is the case, I would suggest trying some from a different manufacturer. Win white box has a bad track record - depending on lot. Some good, some bad.

gasmitty covered all the other points. I have run a 30S for a number of years and it has been flawless. However, aside from Ranger T, I only run Winchester white box in 40 S&W. That's the only one I've had much luck with. Don't give up.

Try some Fiocchi 230gr FMJ and have someone else shoot it.
    Bring a couple of different brand 230gr ammo boxes to the range. Make sure you let someone else shoot it that is experienced. My G30s was flawless
    My Shield .45 functions flawlessly when I shoot it. I let two others at the range (one female and one male) and both has quite a few failure to feed issues. I would then shoot it with zero issues and same ammo. They were limp wristing.
    OldChap likes this.

Just a shot in the dark, but I'd open up the mags and make sure the springs aren't installed backwards or upside down.
    "...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."

– Captain Bellamy

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I can guarantee I am not limp wristing it. Not pride i just know how to shoot. Plus the way it is loading make little to no sense if that were the case. I have used Winchester white boxes for years with no issues in my 9mm. This is actually called performance grade. Supposed to be a step up from the white box. The ammo is the one thing is have not been able to swap yet. The issue as I said before is i found this exact same issue from others and they were bag issues. Also the ammo and any skill does not explain the racking issue. When I say it's hard to rack I mean you can feel it hit the bullet and drag on top of it.

I am not hating on the 30s. I know this is a great gun that will work perfect. I just need to find a way for someone to actually try to fix the one defect mine has. I am 90% Sure it is a manufacturing defect with the 2 mags but I would like the whole gun actually checked.

It will not let me edit my old post and posting from phone sucks. I meant mag issue.

About the quality of Winchester ammo, don't assume just because the 9 mm stuff was good that other calibers will be. I've never had any problem with their 9 mm but their 17 HMR is absolutely terrible. I had two different boxes of that failing in 2 different guns at a rate of 20 to 50%. I've never tried their 45 to know how that is.

I'd send it back again. Maybe they will get sick of seeing it and fix it this time. I had the same problem with Taurus USA. It took two trips for a fix.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    OldChap and gasmitty like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconHunter View Post
    I had the same problem with Taurus USA. It took two trips for a fix.
    GLOCK = Taurus?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshin View Post
    I can guarantee I am not limp wristing it. Not pride i just know how to shoot. Plus the way it is loading make little to no sense if that were the case. I have used Winchester white boxes for years with no issues in my 9mm. This is actually called performance grade. Supposed to be a step up from the white box. The ammo is the one thing is have not been able to swap yet. The issue as I said before is i found this exact same issue from others and they were bag issues. Also the ammo and any skill does not explain the racking issue. When I say it's hard to rack I mean you can feel it hit the bullet and drag on top of it.

I am not hating on the 30s. I know this is a great gun that will work perfect. I just need to find a way for someone to actually try to fix the one defect mine has. I am 90% Sure it is a manufacturing defect with the 2 mags but I would like the whole gun actually checked.
    I understand. I'm thinking you need to go find the ammo you're using on the Winchester ammunition site. Their 230gr FMJ range ammo is not called "performance grade" and is actually just a repackaging of the same white box ammo. It is now sold as USA45W. Here is a link to Winchester. You might see if you can find what you have. If you can't, someone might have sold you some very old rounds?

Winchester Ammunition

That USA45W is the ammo that gives everyone problems. As I said, I've not had any issues with 40S&W for whatever reason. Maybe just lucky. I would not form any opinion about where the issue lies until you 1) get a couple of different brands of ammo to try and 2) get someone who shoots a lot to back up your observations. Sometimes you may do something you're not aware you're doing. That is no reflection on you or your skills, just a fact of life.

I have no concerns about your motivations. There are plenty of people here who don't like Glocks, Your choice is your choice.

The only issues I've had with Glocks were mag or follower related. Check to see if your followers are the latest version - there is a number stamped into them. Your gun might have been on a store shelf for a while.
    maxwell97 and flintlock62 like this.
    The number of people killed because they didn't have "enough gun" is dwarfed by those who had none at all.

Not sure but would a pic help? I'm not wise enough to solve your issue, I'm wondering if you were able to place a round in the position after a failure to feed might give better chance for feedback. Maybe a pic of the damaged round too?

Help With Glock Customer Service-malfunction.jpgHelp With Glock Customer Service-malfunction2.jpgHelp With Glock Customer Service-bullet.jpg
    Alright here are some pictures. The bullet here is not a great picture but you can see the groves, I will try to get a better picture. Again that was made simply by loading a fully loaded bag and then wracking it.
    Help With Glock Customer Service-bullet-2.jpg
    Ok so I took another one, this was done after it returned from glock, first round I racked. You can see the slide dented the bullet as it went by as well as left groves.

Also I apologize, I misnamed my ammo. I was at work and not able to check. It is Winchester Service Grade 230 FMJ .45 ACP.

I also tried to remove the bottom plate to check the spring and that sucker will not move. I am not a small man and I tried using a lip of a table with my weight and still would not move.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    I'm not commenting, since I was just banned for LIFE from the S&W forum, I would like to stay in this forum.
    Now that is what I call one heck of a tease and some of us want you to pay it off! What could have gotten you banned for life?

"Glock 19!" On every thread?

I would inquire with Glock as to what they did or did not do when they had it. Their answer makes your next move more clear.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

Administrator
    I would locate your closest local Glock Armorer.

Or buy two more magazines since you'll want more than 2 eventually anyway.

It is possible that you could have 2 bum magazines, both from the seller lot.
    flintlock62, AzQkr and maxwell97 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Looks like the last round in the stack is popping out too soon. Since it's only the last round, it's probably the follower and not the feed lips.

Call Glock, ask what version of the follower you should have. My interactions with them have been very positive, sounds like you got the bad apple before.

They might send you followers for free.

To get the base plate off, gently squeeze the mag body at the bottom with pliers. The tabs there keep your base plate from flying off if you drop the mag, but do make disassembly a pain.
    ghost tracker likes this.
    The number of people killed because they didn't have "enough gun" is dwarfed by those who had none at all.

Senior Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertywheel View Post
    Now that is what I call one heck of a tease and some of us want you to pay it off! What could have gotten you banned for life?

"Glock 19!" On every thread?

I would inquire with Glock as to what they did or did not do when they had it. Their answer makes your next move more clear.

the OP was complaining of power burns and shells hitting the ejection port and was going to send the gun back to S&W, another member warned him about S&W having a six week delay on repairs AND I said " if people didn't send guns back to repair that all needs is a cleaning, S&W won't be that back up and to the OP don't fire that gun anymore" I was rude and obnoxious according to the moderator

edit to add: the OP was a new member with only two post.
    I know Jesus and I talk to God.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links