Help With Glock Customer Service

This is a discussion on Help With Glock Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello all, I have been away from this forum for quite some time but I am in need of some advice. I have owned a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Help With Glock Customer Service

Hello all, I have been away from this forum for quite some time but I am in need of some advice. I have owned a Glock 19 for quite some time. I love the thing. Feels perfect in my hand, shoots well, never had so much as 1 little problem with it. So naturally when I decided i wanted a .45 I looked back to glock. After some research I settled on the Glock 30S. Unfortunately these can be hard to find but just recently my wife purchased me one as a gift. I was very excited waiting for it to arrive and when it did I could not wait to take it shooting. Well it took some doing, and a couple weeks but I got my chance. Now I had done a lot of research into this gun so i knew the springs in the mags could come a bit tight so in the 2 week I had to wait I left both mags full to help loosen them some. I even wracked it at least once a day to loosen up the action(after cleaning and lubricating it of course). So when I went to the range and took my first shots I was very surprised on my 3rd mag on the last bullet the round loaded vertically. The slide actually dented the bullet casing. Well this is a fluke. Kept going and a couple mags later same thing. On the last bullet. So I began experimenting and of the 2 actual mags I have it happened with both mags. One more than the other but on the both, always the last bullet. Also on the mag that does it more I noticed that it was very hard to wrack, to the point that when you do it actually gouges the bullet. I have pictures of all of this.

So for all of this I called Glock. Had trouble getting someone due to their hours but was sick one day so i got to call. Got the guy, he sounded very annoyed at my call and tried very much to convince me I was doing something wrong or that I should take it to a glock authorized gunsmith. I told him 3 times it was brand new and asked about warranty before finally he (and I am not exaggerating) sighed and asked for the serial. I gave it to him and he said he would e-mail me a packing slip and i could mail it to them. I did so with all his instructions. i asked if he wanted the pictures I took and he said no. So I printed them out and included them in the box so the techs could see what i was describing on the paper. I send it out convince it will be fixed. In the research i had done with others they described sending it off getting it back showing signs of work and a note telling them all they did to resolve the issue and it worked perfect. I open it, no note. No signs of work other than the mags getting moved around the case. And it has the exact same problem. I am at a loss, do I call them back and send it back again? do I take it to the rage and just not worry about the fact that one of my mags damages bullets so much that I am concerned about firing them? Has anyone else dealt with Glock customer service and have any tips?

Senior Moderator
    Frustrating, to be sure, But, a few questions - what are you using for ammo? Have you tried more than one brand or type? How many rounds through the gun so far?

FYI, loading the mags and leaving them loaded will help the spring take an initial "set,", but that won't have any effect on the actual spring force. That comes through repeated compression-relaxation cycles.

I understand your frustration, but I suggest shooting a couple hundred more full-power rounds through the gun before declaring it unreliable.

One thought is to have someone video you from the port side to make sure you're not riding your thumb on the slide, which will slow it down and possibly induce a misfeed. Another wild-hair idea is that due to the light weight of the Glocks, the weight of the gun in your hand changes significantly as you empty the magazine, which may result in a limp-wristing situation as the mag nears empty. Not challenging your manhood, just looking at possible causes for the hiccups.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    If I try to shoot Privi Partisan in my Glock 42 that same thing happens. Except it doesn't wait until the last round in the magazine. Usually the 2nd or at most the 3rd round. It does not ever happen with the other brands of ammo I use. It could be an ammo problem rather than a gun problem. Just saying.

Definitely do the other "checking" things that gasmitty recommends too. With a smaller gun like that a lot of people inadvertently ride the slide with their thumb.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    I'd be curious as to what ammo you tried. How many rounds have you fired so far? Having someone else shoot several magazines through the gun may not be a bad idea either.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshin View Post
    Has anyone else dealt with Glock customer service and have any tips?
    Nope. Never had to. That's what makes your question even MORE...interesting.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Since it's happening regardless of which magazine you are using I think it's possible you are "limp wristing". It's worth a try in correcting that possible problem before writing off the Glock and/or Glock customer service.
    addywon likes this.

So the problem is the last round pops out of the magazine too early, causing it to stovepipe?
    Does the gun seem like it has a LOT of recoil that you are having a hard time managing?
    I'm wondering if the next to last bullet loading, coupled with recoil, is causing the last round to pop out on its own.

Get a Colt 1911. They have dimples in their followers to prevent this
    addywon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Frustrating, to be sure, But, a few questions - what are you using for ammo? Have you tried more than one brand or type? How many rounds through the gun so far?

FYI, loading the mags and leaving them loaded will help the spring take an initial "set,", but that won't have any effect on the actual spring force. That comes through repeated compression-relaxation cycles.

I understand your frustration, but I suggest shooting a couple hundred more full-power rounds through the gun before declaring it unreliable.

One thought is to have someone video you from the port side to make sure you're not riding your thumb on the slide, which will slow it down and possibly induce a misfeed. Another wild-hair idea is that due to the light weight of the Glocks, the weight of the gun in your hand changes significantly as you empty the magazine, which may result in a limp-wristing situation as the mag nears empty. Not challenging your manhood, just looking at possible causes for the hiccups.
    +10

Gasmitty hit all the points I was thinking. My money would be on the ammo (some guns just don't like certain ammo) or something in the shooting process/hand position. When I first got my XDs, I kept having a problem with the slide not locking back on the last round - turns out the ergonomics of the gun and my hand position was putting pressure on the slide release.
    ShooterGranny and OldChap like this.

Sorry if I was unclear, wrote the post very tired. I am using Winchester performance grade, fired 250 rounds through. This is the exact issue I have read from other users who said they simply sent to glock and it was fixed. Also limp writing would not explain it loading vertically. Lastly it would also not explain it damaging the bullet when wracking the slide. I mean it nearly warps the bullet.

Finally on all this. I am not discounting the gun. I want to make it work which is why I am asking for advise. And to be sure I did double check my grip and firing. Happened out of the 25 full mags I should. About 10 times. Always the last bullet. I will post pictures when I get home.

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    First off, don't try to fire a damaged bullet. It's not worth it.

Secondly, does the gun exhibit the issue after Glock fixed it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    First off, don't try to fire a damaged bullet. It's not worth it.

Secondly, does the gun exhibit the issue after Glock fixed it?

Glock didn't fix it
    "It's always good to be underestimated" - Donald Trump

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johndp1911 View Post
    Glock didn't fix it
    Ahh I see that now.

johndp1911 likes this.

Oh I don't fire the damaged one. So out for the 250 it was prolly closer to 240. Just due to bullets I had to scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshin View Post
    Oh I don't fire the damaged one. So out for the 250 it was prolly closer to 240. Just due to bullets I had to scrap.
    What's that? $2.50-$3.00? Wise move.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    I'm not commenting, since I was just banned for LIFE from the S&W forum, I would like to stay in this forum.
    I know Jesus and I talk to God.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links