Now THIS is a scarey thought

This is a discussion on Now THIS is a scarey thought within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What a scarey thing this is. I had heard of this a while back about S&W. Anyone else have any info on it? http://shootingmessengers.blogspot.c...lary-hole.html...

Thread: Now THIS is a scarey thought

VIP Member

Now THIS is a scarey thought

What a scarey thing this is. I had heard of this a while back about S&W. Anyone else have any info on it?

http://shootingmessengers.blogspot.c...lary-hole.html

2. Remove Ads

Comment

I don't have any new information on this, but wanted to comment on "smart guns" and the New Jersey legislature's rush to pass legislation mandating something before it even exists.

I view "smart guns" as a flank attack by anti gun types to gradually render existing guns illegal and replace them with "smart guns" that the government will be able to turn off at will. The antis know they can't win a direct assault on the Second Amendment and the banning of all guns outright. They don't have the political support for this.

So they have turned to a more subtle strategy of gradually eliminating existing "dumb" guns and replacing them with controllable guns. Although the smart gun will presumably only be usable by the registered owner, does anyone doubt that an electronic control that allows the gun to be turned on and off would eventually be under the control of the government? In the event of some emergency or revolution, the government would simply turn off all civilian owned guns, rendering them useless.

This is disarmament in slow motion.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    the " smart gun " crap has been around for a while . IMHO only a few states will even look into it , much less try and mandate it . Its a bliss ninny dream that is easily countered .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    yep, if the anti's can't distort the meaning of the 2A into excluding private citizens directly, and can't declare us all insane / mentally defective / felons, they'll mandate that all our guns turn themselves off when they're most needed.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

VIP Member
    IIRC Taurus got a 4 mill deal to develop a smart gun during the Clinton Years... They "couldn't develp it" AFAIK
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links