My Arsenal

My Arsenal

This is a discussion on My Arsenal within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know this is lame compared to some of your holdings but I am pretty proud of the small but what I think of as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Arsenal

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar

My Arsenal

I know this is lame compared to some of your holdings but I am pretty proud of the small but what I think of as well rounded arsenal.

It includes:

A Kimber UIltra CDP II .45 ACP that I carry in a Galco IWB USA Tuckable Holster, and goes in the nightstand when I go into the bed.

A Winchester 1300 Defender 12 GA with five shells in the tube (two bird shot, followed by two 000, followed by one slug) located near the bed in the master bedroom.

And my brand new Stag Arms AR-15. That I still have not found a good secure spot for.

Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

One doesn't need much more than that, but it is fun to have more just because.

I'll hold your Stag Arms until you find a place for it... lol

(like that is ever gonna happen)

nice start - might want to get a safe... (buy a big one though- it will fill up faster than you think..)

I used to load my shottie with two #6 shot followed by 3 00 Buck followed by 3 slugs... (this loading was given to me by a fella who lives in Alaska years a go)

good looking collection - and all good quality too

enjoy and stay safe

Why all the different shot loads in the shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceKeepr View Post
    Why all the different shot loads in the shotgun?

I had the same question.

Nice collection though!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

my thinking is if the bird shot does not stop them then the 000 buck shot will, but if they are still coming that slug knock them down.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

Administrator
    Why not just stop them the first time around?

Anyway, back on topic, seems to me like you covered the basics well. I would add a good .22 next.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Probably for another thread, but I would seriously think about those birdshot rounds. Birdshot will NOT relaibly put down an attacker, period. If deadly force is warranted, I would recommend using the round with the best chance of ending the fight RIGHT NOW, not by the third shot (assuming you have time to fire three shots, of course). YMMV, as always, but it's worth a second thought.

Other then that, though, a nice collection you have going. I second SIXTO on a good .22 being next in the chute. You can't go wrong with a good ol' Ruger 10-22!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I'd go with 00 buck only in the mag tube and chamber...

Nice group....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

OK Why a .22, and what kind of .22?
    Timmy Jimmy

I second the 22, and the 10-22 is a good one (like the walnut and stainless steel look myself). I like a pump too. Why, because they are just plain fun to shoot, and cheap too. You can spend 10 bucks on a brick of ammo and go and hop cans or shoot shot gun shells off a log or whatever all day long. Just good old fun.

Nice collection Timmy.

I have one question though. How in the world do you carry that concealed carry badge?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

You seem to have the basics covered...but I load up on the 00buck...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Have you considered getting a second handgun?

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

A few comments,
    Jimmy, I'm not so sure I agree with posting photos of all my guns and posting them on a internet forum, although I see this often. But then you go and give the location of each piece???????? Kinda like advertising "I HAVE GUNS, COME AND GET'EM, THIS IS WHERE I HIDE THEM" Just something maybe you haven't thought of prior to posting this, or maybe I am just paranoid.
    Back on topic, you certainly have a good foundation but a 22 rifle and pistol is a must for any good aresanal. The Ruger 10/22 is my choice for the rifle and the Ruger Mark II competition model for the pistol. I also think every aresanal needs at least one wheeler and my recommendation here would be a S&W 686 pre-lock 357 mag.
    Please don't take my comments above as bashing, just trying to offer some food for thought.
    Take Care
    Be Safe
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Now

...it is time start stocking up on ammo. I'm AMAZED at how .223 food has EXPLODED in price. When I bought my first AR15, I could get 1000 rounds for right around 200 bucks. Now, the same 1000 rounds is going for $446!

Nice collection you've got started. The fuse is lit, and it is only a matter of time before this collection EXPLODES into a full museum of cool stuff. I've often wondered if my guns are reproducing in the two safes! Has your wife accepted her role as Gun Widow yet (similar to but much more expensive than a Golf Widow)?

Which brings me to my next point...this will be debated, but I think you should choose one long gun for HD. Keep the pistol close by for helping you get TO the shotgun or AR, but don't rely on the handgun. Keep the Winchy or the AR near enough to get to before your handgun runs dry, for the hellstorm you're able to deal out with one of those in hand makes you a much more formidable 'victim'.

Lastly, keep everything else in a safe. They're expensive, but worth it!

Keep posting great pics!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links