Quality of guns sold by Wal Mart ?
This is a discussion on Quality of guns sold by Wal Mart ? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Talked to a friend who was a gun smith a few weeks back. Perhaps Walmart has some promo grade occasionally as well. He complained very ...
October 16th, 2007 11:24 AM
Talked to a friend who was a gun smith a few weeks back. Perhaps Walmart has some promo grade occasionally as well. He complained very much that the machine work inside some of the Walmart guns (was complaining about a bolt action rifle) he had worked on was vastly inferior. He also pointed out on one Walmart model (I forget which pump action shotgun) even the repair parts were different than the standard version.
That said, in the past the small town wallmart's could also order off catalog, so perhaps it is a gun by gun issue.
October 16th, 2007 12:20 PM
In the last couple of years, I have bought a Mossy 500, 2 Maverick 88s, and an NEA single bbl 20 gauge at Wally. They are no different than the same models sold at other stores.
If a certain gun at WalMart is lacking in some feature that that gun usually has at other places, then it is actually a different model and the price reflects that.
If you want fancy or pretty, go elsewhere, but I know that the Mossy and Mavericks will pattern as well as any gun out there, and I bet that Wally Marlin will shoot as well as any other Marlin.
"If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan
October 16th, 2007 12:21 PM
After reading all of these posts, (BTW-thanks for your input) plus some other posts on other forums, plus searching online, I'm about to come to the conclusion that WM gun quality is normal, but can sometimes be mixed. I didn't phone any gun mfgs, or WM and inquire, I know better than that
1. I do believe in supporting local gun shops, and I try to do that. In fact I've never bought a gun from WM.
2. I very much accept what so many have said about buying a WM gun and that it is exactly the same quality as the same gun from an independent gun shop. That is likely the norm in the majority of WM gun sales.
3. I'm tending to believe that WM may at times be the "repository" for guns that may have dings, blemishes, fit & finish problems, etc and couldn't/didn't quite pass mfg Quality Control inspection. Safe guns, but cosmetic issues. So these marginal quality guns might get dumped in some WM stores by the mfg from time to time. Just a theory on my part, I've got first-hand mfg experience in that happening, but not in a gun-related issue.
4. There may not be specifically designed cheap "WM special" gun, in fact it might be a myth. However I think it would be possible to mfg a safe, yet cheaply made gun, mostly affecting subtle cosmetics. For instance, a cheaper wooden/composite stock, clunky sights, cheap bluing/stain/varnish/finish.
5. I would consider buying a gun from WM, I probably would scrutinize it closer than normal though. Nothing like a dose of "caveat emptor".
Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.
October 16th, 2007 05:05 PM
I really think if you are comparing the same model you will not have any issues. Now if you see a gun that looks the same but has a different model number you might find some differences.
NRA Rifle Coach
NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor
--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???
By Free American in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: January 30th, 2009, 06:34 PM
By VtCO in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: December 14th, 2008, 04:57 AM
By slimjim in forum Defensive Carry Guns
Last Post: July 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
By Maverickx50 in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: June 3rd, 2008, 12:17 AM
Search tags for this page
are guns at walmart as good as
are walmart guns any good
are walmart guns good
are walmart guns lower quality
does walmart sell good guns
guns available at walmart
guns sold at walmart
remington 700 sold at walmart
shotguns sold at walmart
walmart gun quality
walmart guns any good
walmart guns quality
Click on a term to search for related topics.