Walther PPS

Walther PPS

This is a discussion on Walther PPS within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been watching these little guns on the net since the First Edition hit the states. Is anyone else finding these guns irresistible. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS

Walther PPS

I have been watching these little guns on the net since the First Edition hit the states. Is anyone else finding these guns irresistible. I keep finding myself tempted just to buy one and I have never even touched one.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Got one!

It's a great little gun, easy to hold, easy to pocket carry or in a generic IWB holster. It's more accurate than I am, but I'm learning.

Come visit us at PPS Talk:

http://ppstalk.com/forum/default.asp
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

I have always wanted a Walther PPK, ever since I began collecting 25 years ago the PPK was one gun I wanted to own. However it seems to me that S&W has done the Walther name a great injustice. I see numerous posting of these new Walthers being Jam o matics that even S&W can't seem to fix. Now before every PPK owner posts how his is flawless, do a simple search for yourself. I have since bought a Sig P232 SL, which I now believe to be the cadillac of the .380, and it has taken the urge for the Walther away, but one day I will get one but it will have to be a German made unit. Just my opinion guys don't come unglued.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

PPS a good idea

Walther was smart to develop a polymer 9mm single stack CCW gun in the new PPS. I think it will give the popular Kahr P9 a run for the money.

VIP Member
    I recently bought a PF-9 (my first foray into the teeny-tiny pistol world), but was seriously considering the PPS. It really seems to be an excellent combination of power, capacity, concealability, controllability, and so on. Once all the bugs have been worked out and the platform has more "field time" logged, I will probably end up with one...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    I'm so trying to justify in my mind and pocketbook getting one of these....I have a few Walthers and two Kahr 9mm's so it's hard too...but I so want one!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Ron
    I have a P99c, which I love, even pocket carry it a lot of the time, but am being really tempted by the PPS. It seems ideal for pocket carry, which is my preferred carry choice.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Are the non first edition models in stores yet?
    I keep checking, no sign of them yet around here.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    I'm so trying to justify in my mind and pocketbook getting one of these....I have a few Walthers and two Kahr 9mm's so it's hard too...but I so want one!
    Me too. That's exactly the situation I find myself in.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by gpsxplr View Post
    Are the non first edition models in stores yet?
    I keep checking, no sign of them yet around here.
    I don't think so. I was led to understand that they should be out some time within the next several weeks.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Great..just what I needed more temptation!

Any word on when the .40 cal version will be available?

All I could find was this:
    The 9mm PPS and PPS First Edition are expected to begin shipping in June 2007 followed by the .40 S&W PPS in Fall 2007
    I talked to the kittery trading post, they said they ordered 2 pistols back in the spring and still don't have any and don't know when they will be in.

I also found some note somewhere that said the 40 would be out in december, but the that note said the 9 would be out by now and it isn't, at least not that I can find.

Edit: This site has some nice photos, all in german though: http://www.walther-pps.com/
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

I have the PP.380 and love the little gun. It's pretty darn accurate, too...much moreso than my 2" .38spl revolver!

My buddy's Nazi-insignia Walther is the same gun as mine, but for some reason (and I can't remember why) is 10x as smooth as mine. Perhaps somebody here can refresh my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by maximumrob View Post
    I have the PP.380 and love the little gun. It's pretty darn accurate, too...much moreso than my 2" .38spl revolver!

My buddy's Nazi-insignia Walther is the same gun as mine, but for some reason (and I can't remember why) is 10x as smooth as mine. Perhaps somebody here can refresh my memory.
    How old / new is your gun? His older gun may have been gently broken in by the older 9mm ammo - less power, less wear and tear. Also, and there is little question about this, the contract manufacturers putting together Walthers today are not manufacturing the same quality of product that they were 30-60 years ago.

Incidentally: I have one of the new PPSs and it is my primary carry gun for now. I am not 100% pleased but I don't know of a suitable alternative in 9mm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links