Safety tips for when you are in Minneapolis parks.

This is a discussion on Safety tips for when you are in Minneapolis parks. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well here is some sage advice on how to stay safe in our Minneapolis parks: Northeast Citizen Patrol crime stats and news 10.12.07 ©2007 Permission ...

Thread: Safety tips for when you are in Minneapolis parks.

Safety tips for when you are in Minneapolis parks.

Well here is some sage advice on how to stay safe in our Minneapolis parks:

Northeast Citizen Patrol crime stats and news 10.12.07

©2007 Permission granted to freely reprint/forward this information in its entirety.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. Safety Tips when using Minneapolis Parks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follows these tips to make your park experience safer and more enjoyable.

-- Exercise in pairs or with a leashed dog when jogging or walking in the parks.

-- Tell a reliable person the route you plan to take and when you expect to be back.

-- Vary your exercise times and routes. Individuals who commit crimes such as assault, indecent exposure, rape, robbery, and theft frequently try to predict a potential victim's schedule.

-- Runners and walkers should exercise in well-populated areas during daylight hours. -- -

-- Carry personal identification and an effective sound-making device. (NECP has a limited number of key-chain personal alarms at no cost for NE residents. Get yours at the Audubon Neighborhood Association Office 2834 Johnson St. (Batteries Available for $3)

-- Know where emergency phones are located and that 9-1-1 can be dialed, without a coin, from any working payphone.

-- Avoid using headphones because they mask important danger signs, such as a person approaching from behind.

-- Trust your instincts. If you believe you are being followed, don't hesitate to request help from other citizens.

While there actually are a few good suggestions here I especially found amusing the advice to carry ďan effective sound-making deviceĒ. I do of course but I donít think it is what they had in mind. The one they have in mind I donít think will really do much to ward off an attacker.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I carry a very handy noise maker too. Its so effective, it will make its noise on one side of the park and effect the bg on the other side if need be.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I carry a very handy noise maker too. Its so effective, it will make its noise on one side of the park and effect the bg on the other side if need be.

Got to appreciate how they also ask that you carry personal identification. It makes it easier to identify the body afterwards.

Kind of like what we say about orange "safety" vests on construction sights - They're not there to protect you, just to make it easier for the paramedics to locate and recover the body.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Links