impractical but fun gun

This is a discussion on impractical but fun gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i just bought a kel tec plr16. i honestly can't find a practical reason for owning such a weapon. it's heavy when loaded, muzzle heavy ...

Thread: impractical but fun gun

impractical but fun gun

i just bought a kel tec plr16.

i honestly can't find a practical reason for owning such a weapon.

it's heavy when loaded, muzzle heavy to boot, not really concealable,awkward to fire once the barrel gets hot, (forearm and brake have been ordered from kel tec) and ammo's kinda expensive.

the muzzle blast and flame are outrageous when fired.

wait a minute, THAT'S IT!
    it's just FUN TO SHOOT!

2. Remove Ads

Besides, it fits well in a backpack. and 1 30 round Mag is probably all would need for a weekend outing of fishing and not shooting except in an amergency.

Try the Phantom 5C1 or 5C2 muzzle brake. I saw pictures of it completely eliminating the flash from a PLR-16.

I have not found a purpose for my PLR-16 yet either but I'm sure I will considering every gun I own must fit a roll, otherwise its easy to trade it in for another one that does.

BTW: I'm new to this site, when I went to check out more smilies the list started loading and I noticed the bottem said "550 images" Thats the most smilies I've ever seen on a forum, it froze my computer!

Links