Women on Target program

Women on Target program

This is a discussion on Women on Target program within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just attended my first NRA sponsored "shoot-em-up". I drug my mother and my youngest sister along. I'm an avid hunter and not new to guns. ...

Thread: Women on Target program

Member Array carry for protection's Avatar

Women on Target program

Just attended my first NRA sponsored "shoot-em-up".
    I drug my mother and my youngest sister along. I'm an avid hunter and not new to guns. My mother on the other hand is pretty near anti-gun. By the time I was done with her at the range she was hooked. She spent more than 2 hours shooting handguns. Everything from a S&W .38 to a Walther P22 to a glock 26. By the end of the day she was handling them all very well but fell in love with wheel gun. Now that is what she wants for Christmas.

She went straight home and had Dad get ammo for his guns...she wanted to shoot them too.

Needless to say...the NRA has gained a new friend in my mother. And now I have to go gun shopping...I shot a sig 228 and I have to have one!!!! Amazing gun and by far my favorite to shoot to date.

The Women on Target program is great. Geared toward the ladies that want to shoot but are intimidated by the men at the ranges. It was to perfect place for my mother and sister to be safely and positively introduced to firearms.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for protection View Post
    now I have to go gun shopping...I shot a sig 228 and I have to have one!!!! Amazing gun and by far my favorite to shoot to date.
    I think you may have a search to find a 228, I'm not sure they make them any more. However if you like the 228 and can't find one try shooting the 229, they are supposed to be real close (so I've heard).

And of course if I'm wrong about the 228 situation some one will be along shortly to give me a .
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

What a Great Day!

Quote Originally Posted by carry for protection View Post
    Just attended my first NRA sponsored "shoot-em-up".
    I drug my mother and my youngest sister along. I'm an avid hunter and not new to guns. My mother on the other hand is pretty near anti-gun. By the time I was done with her at the range she was hooked. She spent more than 2 hours shooting handguns. Everything from a S&W .38 to a Walther P22 to a glock 26. By the end of the day she was handling them all very well but fell in love with wheel gun. Now that is what she wants for Christmas.

She went straight home and had Dad get ammo for his guns...she wanted to shoot them too.

Needless to say...the NRA has gained a new friend in my mother. And now I have to go gun shopping...I shot a sig 228 and I have to have one!!!! Amazing gun and by far my favorite to shoot to date.

The Women on Target program is great. Geared toward the ladies that want to shoot but are intimidated by the men at the ranges. It was to perfect place for my mother and sister to be safely and positively introduced to firearms.
    You did her a great favor which may possible safe her life some day...
    Now you have to get her her own weapon and to the range...

Well done!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

awesome! gotta get my mom to one of those.
    i would send her to one for christmas but i think she would be mad at me rather then happy

Excellent job! I once a year do range officer duty at my club's women's night. I it amazing how many first time women get hooked on shooting. It's great to see.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Great job! I always like to hear positive stories about friends and family members joining the ranks of us lead slingers :)
    Shooters Plus
    Ruger, Glock, Colt, Smith & Wesson, Springfield and many more new guns, magazines and shooting accessories.

I was a pistol instructor this summer at one of the Women in the Outdoors programs, and also at a ladies night at Dillon Sportsman club. I also instruct concealed carry classes which typically are about one third women. There is absolutely nothing more gratifying than to take a lady who is scared of guns to the end of the class, and they will tell me "you've removed all of my fear of guns". That's what it's all about! Sure feels fantastic when that happens.

If you're Mom decides to take a concealed carry class, look me up. We have people from all over the state come to our classes because of the quality of class they know they will receive.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

As was oftime quoted by my home town newspaper, "a good time was had by all". Congrats, and I think this is a fantastic program.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    If you're Mom decides to take a concealed carry class, look me up. We have people from all over the state come to our classes because of the quality of class they know they will receive.
    thanks for the offer. maybe if i can scape up enough money to get her the class and i give she would actually like i will send her to a class.
    but probably will be the one at the range that they live somewhat near. cant have her drive out to u guys. sry

thanks for the offer. maybe if i can scape up enough money to get her the class and i give she would actually like i will send her to a class.
    but probably will be the one at the range that they live somewhat near. cant have her drive out to u guys. sry
    Sorry, meant that for the original poster to this topic since she's from Ohio.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

ooh

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Heres a link for all Women On target events (WOT) Hunts, and instructional Clinics.

http://www.nrahq.org/women/index.asp
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Sponsored Links