Defensive Carry banner

How many of you are active in a gun club?

2K views 32 replies 31 participants last post by  BacSi 
#1 ·
A club you an actual member at......

For member activities or teaching and training or organizing events?

What do you do there and where are you a member at?

#2 ·
Member of Highland Gun Club in IL.

I run a youth's smallbore rifle team.
I hold basic handgun classes.
I hold Self Defense in the Home classes.
I run IDPA and IPSC matches.
I run smallbore rifle matches.

#4 ·
Three clubs Jamie but these days most activity is self shooting practice - at least at my local two, one of which is really a Hunting oriented club with a basic range - the other is almost all shotgunning.

The other is Hollidaysburg Sportsmans ... where I try to do some IDPA when I can and it is there I have done most NRA course tuition in past - right now that is a bit inactive. It's probably more likely these days I'll be teaching when needed, one on one.

#5 ·
The Range Pistol Club
Fresno, CA

Good group of guys run the place.

#6 ·
Washtenaw Sportsman's Club, Ypsilanti, MI. 32 years.

Rifle ranges: 600 yard 20 position military, registered bench rest.

Pistol range.

Muzzle loader range.

Skeet & Trap.

Archery ranges: field course, outdoors, and indoors.

#8 ·
Dakota Co. Gun Club where I do various tasks during the year as part of a work requirement.

Minneapolis gun club which is shotgun only. I just shoot there.

#10 ·
I belong to two here in Oklahoma

TULSA FIREARMS:
Indoor pistol and small bore rifle range
CCW classes

TULSA RED CASTLE GUN CLUB:
ranked #1 in the Nation and awarded the Outstanding Club of the Year in 1988 by the National Rifle Association.

At the 2003, 2004 & 2005 (3 years in a row!) NRA Annual meetings, our club was recognized as the #1 Club Recruiter for NRA nationwide.

High Powered Rifle Range from 200 to 1000 yards
Bench Rest Range to 200 yards
Pistol Range up to 50 yards
Action Pistol Range
Junior Smallbore and Air Rifle Range (indoor and outdoor)
Silhouette Pistol and Rifle Range
2 Electric Skeet fields
20 station Sporting Clays Field
Wobble Trap
2 heated and air-conditioned club houses
Picnic and Family Recreation areas.

Basically, we're spoiled here in Tulsa!

schwazche

#11 ·
We have our own ten guy shooting club at my range. We dont have a name, we dont have any events, except sometimes we have campfires during plinking sessions.

I do belong to a larger club, but I just dont make it out there enough to be called "active"

#13 ·
Arkansas River Valley Gun Club

I am the "Training Coordinator" and Instructor.
I set up the classes,line up the Instructors, Notary's,Finger printers, the Prosecutors and all of the stuff that goes with having a class.
and teach 1-2 segments of a 4 segment training session usually the first and last part.
We have our own private range and have about 400 family's in our membership.
I do tend to shoot alot.

#16 ·
Two clubs.

Braintree (MA) R&P
- Range Officer

Mansfield (MA) F&G
- Board of Directors
- Chairman of Indoor Range Fundraising Project
-------------

In addition:

GOAL (MA pro-gun group www.goal.org)
- Volunteer at gun shows
- Activist

Northeastshooters.com (regional forum)
- Organizer for group luncheons, group purchase, Art of Concealed Carry seminar (given by GOAL at MF&G), upcoming mil-surp shoot at MF&G, MA gun law seminar (4x at BR&P), etc.

#17 ·
I am a range officer at our universities pistol club. We have an indoor range which we let anyone use for target shooting 2x a week. and we also do our own defensive practice once the others leave. I am SO thankful to have it.
Back at home I am not a member of any clubs and I just didnt find one i like all that much. Instead I usually go to my friends private outdoor range, or pay to go to a local indoor one that I like a lot.

#21 ·
Bend Of The River, Buchanan, MI

I provide physical labor when thinning the woods. I also BBQ'd briskets and chicken for the annual picnic last month. I prefer to work doing the non-glorious but necessary jobs to keep a club going.

#23 ·
Gainesville Target Range, Inc.
Gainesville, FL

Member for 3 years...great range...lots of activities!

#24 ·
Started one, in HIGH SCHOOL!

That was when I was a junior in high school, in 1971. Actually, it was a Jesuit-run college prep school, I talked with the Vice Principal (who had a rep as a real hard nose but I understood where he came from.) He told me to find a faculty moderator. I did, a chem teacher. We had rifle, pistol and shotgun, about 20 club members, trips to the local Sacramento range (Folsom Gun Club), and NEVER a problem. Not a single accidental or negligent discharge, no misbehavior, nothing negative at any outing or on campus. I'm pretty sure that the priests running the school may have raised their eyebrows at the idea of a gun club. I think they actually preferred to trust that the students would behave responsibly and applauded our leadership. We never gave them any reason to regret their faith in us.

Belong to one now, after a few decades of non-affiliation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.