How about this for a CCW

This is a discussion on How about this for a CCW within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Check this one out 2 mm Kolibri Click Here no joke, its real. I guess this puts a whole new meaning to "pocket pistol" From ...

Thread: How about this for a CCW

How about this for a CCW

Check this one out

2 mm Kolibri Click Here

no joke, its real. I guess this puts a whole new meaning to "pocket pistol"

From what I read online, these are pretty pricey collectors items. The pistol alone will run you about $5,000 and another $70 per bullet.

Bullet weight is 3grains and it travels at about 650fps. Muzzle energy is only 3 foot pounds. I never thought there would be a weaker round then a .22 or a .17

Kinda ugly huh?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    From what I read online, these are pretty pricey collectors items. The pistol alone will run you about $5,000 and another $70 per bullet.
    That sure makes for an expensive day at the range!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Better be aiming for the eyeball - and hope their eye is open at the time.

Of course, I regularly get grit in my eyes when working under my car, so I guess this may not be much different.

I think a bb or pellet gun would be more effective personally. Might be nice to have for a conversation piece but that is about it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

More effective just to throw the gun at the BG...it would do more damage!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was thinking that throwing a 9mm round at a BG would be more effective haha.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    At that price for the ammo, I hope they have reloading dies for it. And some reloading tweezers for handling the bullets, while we're at it.

I struggle to think of any practical application for this round. Penetrating a half inch of pine board isn't all that impressive, and it seems like it would be somewhat analogous to a bee-sting if fired at a person. Doesn't sound too effective unless you're hunting garden snakes.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

VIP Member
    Interesting and amazing little gun. I think it said the guy was a watchmaker......no doubt.

The article also said "it wasn't widely accepted".......I wonder why.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    only $70 per round.
    I wonder how many rounds the magazine holds?

Honestly that pistol would have come in awful handy for me that one day that I was viciously attacked by a hoard of "Hellbent for Blood" angry midgets at the circus.
    I never told you guys that true story?

I have no idea what got them all so doggone POed at me.

One of them came up and asked me if I could give him a dollar....& all I said was:
    "I'm Sorry But I'm A Little Short This Week."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

That's pretty tiny... but check this out!

http://www.techchee.com/2007/10/16/s...onal-revolver/

Homepage: www.swissminigun.com

These are still produced today and are pretty expensive. Anyone here have one?

Ha, that's too wimpy for me. Take a look at this bad boy. Takes out mosquitos, midges, all the way up to a horse fly.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...st-machine-gun

Can you imagine loading up those belts with a magnifying glass and tweezers ?? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bob21bobby View Post
    Ha, that's too wimpy for me. Take a look at this bad boy. Takes out mosquitos, midges, all the way up to a horse fly.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...st-machine-gun

Can you imagine loading up those belts with a magnifying glass and tweezers ?? LOL.
    Oh wow!!! I think I love that! I wonder how much they cost now. Evidently it is a Tippman.

Links