Just Wondering

This is a discussion on Just Wondering within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And not that I am super crazy about gun laws but, is this item a loophole in the law? As you know you buy a ...

Thread: Just Wondering

Administrator

Question Just Wondering

And not that I am super crazy about gun laws but, is this item a loophole in the law?
    As you know you buy a single action center fire revolver & it is considered to be a firearm.
    You can buy a cap & ball percussion & it is not a firearm.

then you can buy this conversion cylinder & convert your percussion to fire center~fire brass cartridges.

Conversion Cylinder Click Here

* No Permit Needed * No Federal Paperwork * No Waiting Period * No Tools Needed *
    * No Gunsmithing Required *
    Can be shipped directly to you. The Kirst Cartridge Konverter® is not a firearm. It is an accessory that you install. No tools needed, just drop it in and you have created your own cartridge conversion revolver. , If you can own a firearm, we can deliver a Konverter directly to you without delay. NOT FOR USE IN BRASS FRAMES!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    QK...

The bold print at the bottom says they'll ship it to you if you can own a firearm. I would imagine that if you're a convicted felon for example, they won't send it to you. How the actual policy works though? You'd have to ask them...

Just my 0.02.

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Damn now I have to check this out. I'd never do anything illegal but a legally acquired unregistered firearm that's not used is my dream.

Yes-Legal. Yes-Loophole. Get'em while you can. I would suggest Face To Storefront, cash, if at all possible. Not high on the scope, right now, but in the next panic, you know someone is going to gather up the sales log.....

Lead Moderator
    Wow, that's interesting!

(Wonder if ATF is reading this?)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

No joke! I've wondred long and hard about how they got these on the market. The only thing I can figure is that ATF had a moment of common sense (ye gods!!), and realized not many 7-11's were being held up by guys with converted cap-n-ball's. Makes you wonder; .45LC is a lot more effective than 9mm, if you hit what you're aiming for.

black powder pistols have to be registered here just like a centerfire if i rember correctly

does it have a selector switch on it?? <JUST KIDDING>

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    black powder pistols have to be registered here just like a centerfire if i rember correctly
    That probably depends on where you are. Most places they are not currently controlled.

A couple of years ago my wife got me a LeMat for Christmas. It was mail ordered and sent into Maryland. (Right after that the developers came and destroyed my "hidden private" range.)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

sorry i ment here as in michigan ... i cant order in a blackpowder handgun with out going though FFL

Administrator

From UBERTI DEALER on the web

Blackpowder revolvers can ship direct to your house, and do not require a dealer! Uberti has harnessed the flavor and lore of yesteryear in its Black Powder Revolvers, which makes them so appealing to firearms enthusiasts, Old West buffs and all shooters looking for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    sorry i ment here as in michigan ... i cant order in a blackpowder handgun with out going though FFL
    I've heard about that. The cops say the best way to spot a 'banger is to look for the powder horn- those d**n cap-n-ball Colts are just tearing up the hood.

Links