gunbroker.com

gunbroker.com

This is a discussion on gunbroker.com within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; www.gunbroker.com Who uses this site? I just purchased a knife here. I'm a brand new user/member of this site. Doesn't seem like there is much ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gunbroker.com

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

gunbroker.com

www.gunbroker.com

Who uses this site? I just purchased a knife here. I'm a brand new user/member of this site. Doesn't seem like there is much bidding going on tho. Maybe hunting season? Lots of stuff offered however but not as many pictures of the stuff being sold as I'd expect. Do you buy here? sell here? just curious.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I have bought a gun or 2 and parts over the years

I just registered myself. As long as its "NIB" I'm not too terribly worried, but I'd be hesitant about buying something sight unseen that's used. JMO - I'll let you know how it works out. I'm looking at some ARs on there...

Austin

I've bought many guns over the last few years there. One from GB just got here this morning.

Found a few deals there. Not just guns either. Sometimes one set of conversations with a seller leads to another gun other than the one on Auction. However I have ended up with a few gems. And passed on some real non deals.

I do not like their 15 minute rule I can say that.

Have also found a few deals on Guns America. Not really and auction but a decent way to connect with a gun your looking for. And some negotiation ability outside of an auction format. More of a buyer seller format.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I've bought several from GB, never had any real problems. You can find some good deals if you are willing to wait for one to come around. Just remember to add S&H into your final tally when deciding on buying, if the difference between what you can get a gun for locally and on GB is less than $50 you're probably better off buying local.

Administrator
    A couple of successful no problem transactions. One very recently.
    An I.M.I. Galil top cover with a weld-mount rail plus factory modified bolt carrier.
    It wasn't cheap though.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    I have used them just once. I bought a rifle from a dealer that had many good reports and no bad reports. I got took from this dealer and I ended up as his only bad reprt. I'm not sure I'll do another deal over GB.

VIP Member
    I've bought 2 used guns on GB, my son has bought 1. The guns we bought were exactly as described, in fact one of them (mod 29) was a lot better than the description.....it was closer to being new than used.

Though "caveat emptor" always should come to mind
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    I use gunbroker pretty regular. If you learn the tricks of the search feature, good deals can be found.

I dont buy from anyone who isnt established. The must have an excellent feedback rating, and I try not to buy from anyone who does not have a brick and morter store unless they have an unusal good rating.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I've used them and i follow SIXTO's advice, they have to have a real store and good ratings. Only one or two exceptions
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I've purchased several firearms (mostly handguns) through GunBroker and have never had a problem. Some of the "rules" I use for dealing there are:
    1. Don't bid on anything unless the seller has multiple positive feedback reports.
    2. Make email contact before placing a bid and ask questions.
    3. Get a phone number during the email contact and make phone contact before placing a bid.
    4. Don't send payment to a P.O. box, only to an actual physical address.
    5. If they won't accept a credit card without a surcharge or can't accept credit cards, I use only U.S. Postal money orders.
    Obviously, 2 & 3 can't apply if you notice something you just have to have and only has 30 minutes left when you find the auction, but to bid on the item, you must be willing to take the risk.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I'm looking for a certain rifle and I found one is "for sale" on there - the seller doesn't have it, he's waiting to take delivery "supposed to be in the next week" and he won't take a credit card...only personal check or money order. No way. This is a perfect example of why you should email first and ask questions before bidding.

Austin

I prefer to use gunsamerica.com for online purchases. For buying used most reputable gunshops and sellers on there give you a 3 day grace period on used guns to send it back for a refund.
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.

George Mason

Lead Moderator
    My girlfriend just got a like new DPMS AR carbine. Just make sure you are doing the "buyer beware " research mentioned int he above posts to help from getting burned.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links