New Mustang

This is a discussion on New Mustang within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was in the gun shop the other day - I've been thinking of getting something smaller than my Kimber for occasional pocket carry. I've ...

Thread: New Mustang

New Mustang

I was in the gun shop the other day - I've been thinking of getting something smaller than my Kimber for occasional pocket carry. I've been looking at KelTecs for months, but something about them has always put me off. I can appreciate them for what they are, but I just can't really appreciate them. I had just about decided to get a KelTec .380 and was sucking it up to buy it when I noticed this sweet little auto in the case. It was a stainless Colt Mustang Pocketlite in 98% condition. The only sign of any use was a tiny bit of primer diameter discoloration around the firing pin and some slight holster rub. It was a consignment sale, and came with a full box of Cor Bons, a full box of Gold Dots, and two extra mags for $525. After agonizing months about the KelTecs, it took me about 3 seconds to decide to jump on it.

I took it out today and put 50 rounds of Blazer Brass ball ammo through it, then a mag each of the Cor Bons and Gold Dots without a hitch. The first mag was a bit all over the place, but after a small stance adjustment, I was doing consistent 3" patterns at 5 yards and getting them all on a paper plate at 50'. Real easy shooter - no noticable discomfort anywhere. My regular town gun is a Kimber Ultra II, and it's nice to have the safety in the same place. Being able to lock and load with the safety on is a nice plus.

This one is a keeper. I'm glad I procrastinated so long. Now I'm thinking about a pocket holster and ammo. Anybody out there using MagSafe in a Mustang?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Looks nice
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Very nice!!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

I have been carrying a mustang for about 2 years now. Get you a K&D made back pocket holster, and never look back. I even keep mine cocked and locked in my back pocket. It is totally safe. I don't use magsafes (but I would...), I have some of remingtons' 90 GR. hollowpoint personal defense ammo. She is quite the shooter.
    Congrats on your purchase. Its a dirty lil' secret that most people think the mustang and .380 is under rated. Their bad....not mine. I'll always have her on me....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    Yes, I use Mag Safe in my Mustang. Have no idea if it is anywhere as good (or as iffy) as EVERYONE says.

nice,,,am thinking of getting one ,,

VIP Member
    Nice find. I've only had mine since June. It's a terrific firearm. My new K&D holsters should be in shortly and I will post pictures when they get here.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

nice gun, i have been looking for one for the wife. i got the p3at and there is nothing wrong with it.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I miss my Mustang....I had to trade it off back when I was poorer (read: no credit cards to "spread" the cost out) to get another Colt .45....

I'll trade you a lightly used P3AT for it... ;)

Nice gun...congrats!!! :D
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol and Basic Rifle Instructor
    Coming soon- Range Safety Officer and Metallic Cartridge Instructor Certification

US Concealed Carry Magazine

Links