Odd day at the range...

This is a discussion on Odd day at the range... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I work part time at a range and today was an odd day there. We had a fellow partly succeed in forcing a magazine into ...

Thread: Odd day at the range...

Odd day at the range...

I work part time at a range and today was an odd day there. We had a fellow partly succeed in forcing a magazine into his gun backwards. Trashed his magazine and he was summarily failed for the shooting portion of the state carry permit test.

And then, to top it off, we had a customer leave a Kimber Custom Covert II, 1911 with the Crimson Trace grips, on the counter after he got done shooting it. He just forgot to take it home with him. Walked out and went home. I left at 7pm and he had not as of then come back for it. Amazing.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

What a freaking moron. But you hear stories like that all the time, police officers leaving guns in bathrooms, etc.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Did you give her the old vallet test drive? That is an odd day sir. How do you like working at the range, i acutally got a job offer at one, but it was more of the groundskeeping work.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

VIP Member
    Hmmmm leave yer piece behind?...I dunno bout that...not paying attention Hmmm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I work part time at a range and today was an odd day there. We had a fellow partly succeed in forcing a magazine into his gun backwards. Trashed his magazine and he was summarily failed for the shooting portion of the state carry permit test.
    Mike in Tennesee, can they let you use a loaner weapon to qualify like you can in Missouri ? In Missouri you do not need to qualify with your own weapon or the weapon you will be carrying. In Missouri you need to qualify with both a pistol and revo. I know trying to put a mag in backwards is stupid and I'm sure he felt that way too after doing that, but if he could of used a loaner he still could of recieved his permit. I'm sure he most likely learn from this but I doubt in Missouri he would of flunked his course because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSig? View Post
    What a freaking moron. But you hear stories like that all the time, police officers leaving guns in bathrooms, etc.
    I saw an out of county transport officer do this once at the facility where I was working. Left his gun in a locker outside the secure area and headed back to his county. I considered calling his agency so they could contact him before he got too far down the road but I didn't want to cause the guy embarrassment so I waited. He got about 10 miles down the road and returned for his Glock with a red face and a sheepish grin.

Maybe he didn't like it? I'll claim it if that's the case!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    So that's where I left my Kimber! I'll PM you may APO so you can send it right away - I'll pay shipping, of course!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

yea if the guy doesnt come back there are plenty of ppl here who will take it off your hands. me included!

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    So that's where I left my Kimber! I'll PM you may APO so you can send it right away - I'll pay shipping, of course!
    Are you willing to pay for all the trouble you will accrue by having said gun shipped to your APO?

JD
    Administrator
    Maybe he was testing out the camouflage and it really worked!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    Are you willing to pay for all the trouble you will accrue by having said gun shipped to your APO?
    I'm the guy that APO violations get reported to...shhhhhhh!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I'm the guy that APO violations get reported to...shhhhhhh!
    Well, then...have at it! LOL

We find guns, magazines, ammo, jackets, glasses, and hearing aids! The best was a bra.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    We find guns, magazines, ammo, jackets, glasses, and hearing aids! The best was a bra.
    Just shut up Miggy.... stay put... don't say a thing.
    You guys are bound and determined to get me in trouble with the mods today if not the wife!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links