Opinions on pocket guns

This is a discussion on Opinions on pocket guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I always have my G30 on my hip, and pocket carry my Taurus 85UL, but the 85 still seems a little big for pocket carry ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on pocket guns

Opinions on pocket guns

I always have my G30 on my hip, and pocket carry my Taurus 85UL, but the 85 still seems a little big for pocket carry in most of my pants. What are some other pocket guns you all carry and recommend?

2. Remove Ads

The P3AT is hard to beat. As well as the Pf9. Although it's starting to get on the big side.

You can get by with the revolver though I imagine. It probably feels huge and is printing like crazy, but a decent pocket holster will go a long way. 99% of people would never notice it anyway.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

NDS

I agree

The P3AT just disappears into my pocket and is the only pistol I have ever used a clip with that did not annoy me; the cartridge is on the weak side. The PF-9 fits well in my hip pocket and provides a cartridge of acceptable power while being very convenient.

I am still looking at pocket holsters and will buy one when I find one I like. I would solicit any advice on this subject if you have experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    The P3AT is hard to beat. As well as the Pf9. Although it's starting to get on the big side.

You can get by with the revolver though I imagine. It probably feels huge and is printing like crazy, but a decent pocket holster will go a long way. 99% of people would never notice it anyway.

Administrator
    Keltecs, Kahr PM series, 642/442...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    For most I think the KT mini rockets have to be the easiest and best for price too. If tho funds did permit the Rohrbaugh R9 is a great lil gun and, 9mm to boot.

Other good option for real ''mouse'' small is the NAA mini revo - I have one in .22 mag and it'll disappear in any pocket!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

P95,the NAA .22 mag mini looks like a real up close screamer...how does it shoot?

Assistant Administrator
    Simon ........ many will say somewhat jokingly - you put the lil devil in the BG's eye or ear!!

It shoots very well actually considering it's so small ...... and you have to make do with a grip that is really only your middle finger! However, at a distance such as 5 to 6 feet all shots will easily go where they matter simply by pointing - tho if time allows some ''sighting'' will help. There is an option to have a grip addition into which the whole thing folds up - this makes for more to hold but for me it adds too much bulk.

It seems to be reckoned that the .22 mag out of this shorty barrel will approximate the fps of a 22lr out of a rifle ... so it has it's uses. I do tho still have a suspicion of rimfire as now and again a dud can come up - not useful if it's needed in a hurry tho as it's a revo you'd move on to the next round - and hope that went 'bang'!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks Chris, this may just fill the bill for a carry weapon that you just do not want to leave the house without something..just something you could drop in a pocket vs going without...like a suit coat or sportcoat ..
    Thanks again ...good info here!

Another vote for the Kel-Tec P-3AT (with ArmaLaser):

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    There is an option to have a grip addition into which the whole thing folds up - this makes for more to hold but for me it adds too much bulk.
    I have this option and carry it at work. While it does make it look bigger, the folding handle has a clip on it so you can carry it like a folder knife. Makes it easy to retrieve from the pocket and here in KY no one thinks twice about a knife clipped in your pocket.

It does make it bigger though.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

i vote for the kel tec p3at. small and the price is right. also kel tec stands behind their guns if anything goes wrong.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

My vote is the P3AT providing my next 200 rounds are trouble free. I made a front pocket holster and it prints like a wallet.

I have a Kahr pm9 as a BUG and sometimes its becomes my primary, depending on how hot it is. It resides in my front pocket and doesn't print any more thne a pack of smokes.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

S&W Model 340

I was in buying a little .22 for my son to use, and the guy next to me was purchasing the 340. Wow! this thing was light and compact. Made with scandum & titanium.

Very concealable & with some power. Pricey, but I think this one's now on my list.

I have the KelTec P-3AT...my wife tucks in the KT .32...
    The .380 is sometimes the only thing in my pocked for short trips, or just around the house.

The p-3AT disappears in the front pocket (in a Fist kydex #5)...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links