Firearm "hunt"

This is a discussion on Firearm "hunt" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I have a bit of a sickness for .22's. They're cheap to shoot and fun for the whole family (well when the little ankle ...

Thread: Firearm "hunt"

Firearm "hunt"

So I have a bit of a sickness for .22's. They're cheap to shoot and fun for the whole family (well when the little ankle biters get a little older). So I've been wanting to get a 22 revolver. Now here is the but I'd like to shoot 22LR and 22Mag. So far the only thing I've found is the Ruger Super Single Six. Its a great feeling weapon but I'm looking for other options and I'd really like to find a DA.

Any suggestions?
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Im not 100% sure what model my dad has, he has the "full-size" or a larger framed smith&wesson 10 shot .22LR revolver. Its got a 4 inch barrel,and came from factory with rubber grips. Oh man, is it one of the best shooting,and best overall firearms I've ever had the pleasure of using. I'm crazy about it, its crazy accurate, crazy comfortable/natural to shoot, and one HECK OF ALOT OF FUN.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Look into Taurus. They make both .22 and .22 mag DA/SA pistols. The model 94 is the .22 LR version. Ghettotracker, thats most likely a K22 that your dad has. Definitely lot more money than the Taurus line.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Administrator
    I'd say spend the money on the S&W.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Dan Wesson makes an exellent .22 that can be had with any barrel length in any configuration.
    I use to have a 8" vented,ribbed heavy barrel that many squirrles met their demise with and like an idiot I sold it. I regret that desicion every day.

Colt made a good one,and although its out of production they arent that hard to find. Look for a .22 Colt Trooper. They feel great and shoot even better

The Rossi is a good gun and inexpenisve.

The Colt Diamondback is a great gun but they cost a small fortune these days.

As already mentioned, the S+W K-22 is also premier peice,but they are getting hard to find.

The Taurus 9 shot...great gun at a great price..

The DA revolvers are out there, you've just got to look around.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Its not a k22. It was bought brand new only a year or two ago. Looks more like that taurus on the bottom, buts its def a smith&wesson. My dads the guy you see at gun shows wearing the S&W hat,S&W shirt, sipping out of a S&W cofffee mug.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Its not a k22. It was bought brand new only a year or two ago. Looks more like that taurus on the bottom, buts its def a smith&wesson. My dads the guy you see at gun shows wearing the S&W hat,S&W shirt, sipping out of a S&W cofffee mug.
    Its probably a 617.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Its probably a 617.
    Yeah, I just called him,hahah,... 617. I think I like it alot more than the k22 (judging by the pics)

http://tinyurl.com/2yfzmr

1943 - 2009
    Technically speaking, the S&W Model 617 is a K-22, just made of stainless, instead of carbon, steel.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Ahem, ...err, I'm bad with technical terms on revolvers. Look at underneath (from the side)the barrells of thw two,note how "beefier" the 617 is. Theres definitely some nice upgrades between the two.

EDIT: But I'm just being a snob,lol. I like the looks of that Taurus, for whatever reason I've always liked Taurus revolvers. My dad inherited my stepgrandfathers two revolvers, a smith .38SPL snubby,and a Taurus snubby,...my brother was given the smith,and the taurus was sold. Sigh.

I'd get the Ruger.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I'm still looking though it'll probably be the Ruger. I appreciate all the suggestions but I'm sort of hell bent on getting something that shoots 22lr and 22Mag.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Links