Defensive Carry banner

Colt King Cobra 357 Mag.

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Supertac45 
#1 ·
COLT KING COBRA 357 MAG.

I inherited a Colt King Cobra revolver, 357 magnum, with a four inch barrel. It has become my favorite handgun, as the neoprene grips fits my hand like a glove. I think the balance of this gun is excellent, with the heavy barrel up front it tracks beautifully without a hint of barrel shake and the sights are prominently visible.

The double action is butter smooth and I can trigger it without disturbing the sights from the aim point. The single action is the best of all other revolvers I have; with it I can keep a coffee can bouncing around all day long at sixty yards distance.

I don’t know if the double action and single action of this revolver is typical of them all or if my father had worked on it himself, but I do know that after trying several revolvers it has become my personal favorite.

I have with the gun a Bianchi X15 shoulder holster, Uncle Mike’s inside-the-pants holster and a couple of HKS speed loaders. The X15 holster seems to have undergone considerable use; I recall my father using this gun to take does for the meat larder from his tree stand in our country property.

This is a great heirloom piece. In a world of automatic pistols it is indeeda little antiquated, slow and under capacity with only six rounds on board, but I doubt that many service pistols in use can be as accurate as this gun is.

Anyway I like it very much, it fits perfectly and I enjoy using it. I venture to guess that this is what it's all about; namely, being comfortable with one’s piece and enjoying its performance. This Colt King Cobra certainly does so for me.

Sincerely,
Pharaohawk

See less See more
#3 ·
One bit of information if you haven't seen it yet--DON'T dry-fire the King Cobra. Use snap caps. Dry-firing can lead to breakage in this particular revolver, and repairing such damage is a return-to-the-factory proposition (it requires a special jig, which only the factory has, to repair). This is the only downside I have ever found to this otherwise "built like a tank" revolver. I love mine too. Congratulations, and enjoy!

#6 ·
Nice gun

#7 ·
I traded a King Cobra years ago and wish I had it back now. I also traded a Mossberg 590 at the same time. The best guns are the ones you use to have.. Anyways , I dont get rid of guns anymore, period.

The King Cobra was my first pistol I bought at 21. I'll get another...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.