The Ultimate In Gun Safety

This is a discussion on The Ultimate In Gun Safety within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There's no way I would recommend this product, but watch the demo for the entertainment value, if nothing else. Click on "how it works". Take ...

Thread: The Ultimate In Gun Safety

1943 - 2009

The Ultimate In Gun Safety

There's no way I would recommend this product, but watch the demo for the entertainment value, if nothing else.

Click on "how it works".

Take note of the numerous firearms handling gaffes.

http://www.safeshell.net/

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

2. Remove Ads

I guess if you had to leave a loaded handgun lying around it's a good idea. But I don't know why that would be. Plenty of other better ways to store a gun safely. Seems almost ridiculous and unnecessary...
    Mike

Spring Break Fallujah '06
    "Always Flexible"

Talk about a bad idea - especially for a revolver! If you have so much time you can skip a cylinder, you might as well get a long gun. Then, after you shoot 5 rounds, your gun is jammed and can't be reloaded without a "simple tool". I think I'll pass on this one.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Am I the only one wondering how many times that yahoo flagged his offhand, his arm, his body, his cameramen, &c., during that video???

As for the product... Definite waste of a round in a revolver, where capacity is at a premium to start with. Maybe not a terrible idea in an auto, but in that case I think I'd prefer an Omega lock anyway---that way you can't rack the slide to clear the safety device. Me, I just went with a GunVault, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Talk about a bad idea - especially for a revolver! If you have so much time you can skip a cylinder, you might as well get a long gun. Then, after you shoot 5 rounds, your gun is jammed and can't be reloaded without a "simple tool". I think I'll pass on this one.
    After the fifth round discharges (in a six shooter), the shooter is assumed to have been counting rounds and would reload emptying out spent shells along with this product.
    If the shooter drops the hammer on the sixth round (SafeShell) then it goes back to active mode locking up the weapon, again.

I personally would not endorse this for use on revolvers, nor would I endorse leaving a loaded firearms sitting around 'just in case'.
    But for automatics this might could be useful in a number of ways, although I personally still would not endorse it.

As for the safety gaffes dude made, the product itself and how it functions goes against basic handgun safety rules even though he the demonstrator and assumedly the operator/customer would know to differentiate between how to handle a firearm optimally as with live ammo and how to do so when in SafeShell mode.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Anything for a buck!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links