Are these good prices?

Are these good prices?

This is a discussion on Are these good prices? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently purchased a couple of handguns and would like your opinion as to whether or not I paid a decent price. The first gun ...

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar

Are these good prices?

I recently purchased a couple of handguns and would like your opinion as to whether or not I paid a decent price.

The first gun is a Smith & Wesson 4506-1 with a Bianchi 7500 paddle holster, 2 spare mags, and a Bianchi 2 mag holster for $490.

The second gun is a Llama 1911 .22LR with a nylon holster (unknown make), 4 spare mags, 2 mag holster, extra Llama grips, nylon belt for $220.

I bought the two guns above, but I'm thinking about another one. The same guy I got those from also has a Berretta 92FS (I think it's an FS, could be an "F" or an "S") 9mm with a holster (unknown make) and 2 spare mags for $360. I couldn't get this one at the time because was holding it for someone. But that person keeps giving him the runaround and he's getting close to letting me have it.

All of these guns are second hand, but in great shape with only holster wear. What do you think?

Does anybody have an opinion on this?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I recently purchased a couple of handguns and would like your opinion as to whether or not I paid a decent price.

The first gun is a Smith & Wesson 4506-1 with a Bianchi 7500 paddle holster, 2 spare mags, and a Bianchi 2 mag holster for $490.
    High, about 75.00 high
    The second gun is a Llama 1911 .22LR with a nylon holster (unknown make), 4 spare mags, 2 mag holster, extra Llama grips, nylon belt for $220.
    You did OK here
    I bought the two guns above, but I'm thinking about another one. The same guy I got those from also has a Berretta 92FS (I think it's an FS, could be an "F" or an "S") 9mm with a holster (unknown make) and 2 spare mags for $360. I couldn't get this one at the time because was holding it for someone. But that person keeps giving him the runaround and he's getting close to letting me have it.
    360 wouldnt be a terrible deal if its in good shape.
    All of these guns are second hand, but in great shape with only holster wear. What do you think?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Prices vary somewhat by area... I wouldn't think you got hurt too much on any of these.

The real question is... do _you_ feel as if you've gotten a good deal?

I've paid too much for a gun once in a while, but I really wanted that particular gun, and it was worth the price to me at the time.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Lead Moderator
    I think Sixto has it about right. Prices vary by location as well though. typically I check www.Gunbroker.com for approx. going value.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Thanks guys. These were my first gun purchases, and I'm still trying to feel my way around. As long as I didn't get totally fleeced, I'm good. Thanks again. :)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Thanks guys. These were my first gun purchases, and I'm still trying to feel my way around. As long as I didn't get totally fleeced, I'm good. Thanks again. :)
    No, you didnt get ripped off. Next time around, just hop on gunbroker and search for that model you want... it will give you a pretty good idea of what the going rate is.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Good advice. I'll do that for the next one. My wife doesn't know it yet, but there will be a next one. :)

Links