Things I Have In Store For The Zombie Hoarde

This is a discussion on Things I Have In Store For The Zombie Hoarde within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is a photo I took about an hour ago because it occurred to me that I've not kept my friends here up to date ...

Thread: Things I Have In Store For The Zombie Hoarde

Things I Have In Store For The Zombie Hoarde

Here is a photo I took about an hour ago because it occurred to me that I've not kept my friends here up to date regarding my HD arsenal. The file was too big to do anything with, even with Photobucket, so here's a link instead. Hope that is cool with the mods...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...omedefense.jpg

Here's the rundown, from the top...

1.) Double Star 5.56 STAR15 with 24" fluted bull barrel, 8-32X56 SWAT Mil-Dot scope, 1-in-10 twist, Ergo grip and Harris bipod.

2.) Marine P Remington 870, ATI collaspible pistol grip buttstock, ATI shotshell holder, ATI tac. forend, Scorpion flashlight

3.) Sig P229 SAS in .40 and SIG.357, Kimber Ten Ultra II in .45 ACP, Taurus PT1911

4.) DPMS AR10 in .308 caliber, quadrail forend, iron rear sights.

I also thought it would be nice to see what my forum mates actually look like (for those of you who have let it remain a mystery, as I have). Here is a picture of the wife (Kara) and I, out for a day at of thoroughbred racing!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...uckeye/004.jpg

Let's see everyone else weapons and mugs!!!
    Last edited by Scot Van; December 11th, 2007 at 04:04 AM.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Dude, you got it sooooo wrong, you're supposed to have the short AR in 5.56 and the long one in .308!

Just kidding that's a pretty good setup. I was just thinking about a Remington Magnum today (those that have seen the thread know what I'm talking about!) I'm in the process of upgrading my modified 870 Wingmaster, I just added a side saddle to it and am thinking about the Surefire fore end. Gotta get me one of those!

JD...the 5.56 is pretty much for groundhog and 'yote zombies. And the tac. rifle is amazingly accurate at 700 yards with a bench...FWIW. Anything farther away that that and I'll walk 'em in when they get closer...
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post

... groundhog and 'yote zombies.

I'm curious...did you photograph that nice collection when the wife was out? How many does she really think you own?

Again, nice group!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I am jealousand I admit it

You have WAY too many firearms for home defense. Send some of them to me and I will take good care of them for you.

Nice collection...

Nice little collection.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Maaaan, I keep wanting an AR10 in .308 myself... but don't have the expendable funds for it. I probably wouldn't get much if I tried to trade my Colt Match Target HBAR in .223 for it...

I have a similar shotgun, the Mossberg 590 Mariner. I love that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm curious...did you photograph that nice collection when the wife was out? How many does she really think you own?

Again, nice group!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    Am I the luckiest guy in the world (next to JD?), or WHAT?? While my wife isn't a gun aficionado, she sure doesn't mind if I 'collect'. Further, she is a huge fan of mixed martial arts AND she can spit farther than most guys (as I've mentioned many times, you can take the girl out of Kentucky...). I figure I'm ok, as long as I don't collecting Purdeys and Perazzis!!

I've tried to get her to participate in our li'l forum here, especially since she is waiting on her CCP to show up. No luck...apparently, she's got other things to do (like treat dying horses...or pay bills). Sigh.

Maybe my next AR will be a Beowulf .50...WHOMP.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Maaaan, I keep wanting an AR10 in .308 myself... but don't have the expendable funds for it. I probably wouldn't get much if I tried to trade my Colt Match Target HBAR in .223 for it...

You're MUCH closer than you think! You can get the DPMS AR in .308 for about $950 (sans quad rail). That Colt retails for LOTS more. While I'd never advocate getting rid of anything that says 'Colt' on it, the name is the real difference, as many other makes are just as accurate, just as dependable and a third less.

Springfield Armory = spendy stuff...top o' the line spendy stuff.

Has anyone tried the Alexander Arms Grendel in 6.5???

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    Has anyone tried the Alexander Arms Grendel in 6.5???
    I haven't tried the 6.5 but their .50 beouwulf is awesome. Of course its not cheap to shoot. My buddy has one and used it for hunting last year. I have never seen a deer drop so fast. Plus the game wardens eyes got huge when he saw it. He figured it was a .223 and was ready to write a ticket (can't hunt dear with .223 in WA). Once we handed over the mag the game warden got a huge smile and said, "You know son, Mammoths have been extinct for a while now.."
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Senior Moderator
    Nice collection Scott, but you need something for the squirrel and chipmunk zombies
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Links